Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

More traction bar questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More traction bar questions

Ive already got a set of traction bars on my truck, but theyre pretty short. Id say probably 3 1/2 or 4 feet long. Theyve worked well so far, but ive only pulled a few times and none of those times have really been on a good hard biting track. Im plannin on making a new set because from looking at it, i can see how it may put the suspension and things in a bind. How long should they be? Ive heard several different things and im kinda confused. Plus im not really all that great when it comes to all the math that is involved when trying to figure this stuff out My truck is a long bed extended cab dually. Most of them that ive seen are long enough that theyre pretty much inline with the back of the cab, ive seen some that are longer than that. Seems that the most popular way to make them is to design them so they share the same angle as the drive shaft, which seems like the best way to me. Just looking for some info here.

Thanks

Josh
Old 01-22-2007, 03:27 AM

Sounds like your on the right track following the driveshaft angle.
You shouldnt have any binding going on since you will be blocking your suspension while pulling anyways.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

mine are 6' long...no binding

question for justin and others with bars...do you find out that the passenger side heims wear out quicker due to the way the force is put to/thru the rear that it strains once side more than the other. my drivers side is tight like the day i installed them...but my passenger side heims are really loose and the bar can be wiggled and turned by hand. my bars dont have a threaded adjustment, but they guy who built them runs the same set-up and says his P-side bar always gets play in the heims while the D-side stays tight.

its basically only enough play that you can hear it rattle when you hit a big bump