Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

ITPA rules meeting! 2.5 Class review

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITPA rules meeting! 2.5 Class review

I was told there was a ITPA meeting on Nov. 4th (1PM) at the Putnam County Fairgrounds near Greencastle IN. If you are wanting to show support for a 2.5 or 2.6 turbo class, you need to attend the meeting. If no one shows up then it won't have a chance. I have got them to talk about it but everyone interested needs to show up and show support. Danville Performance will be there and I'm hoping someone will contact Sheids to have them there. Haisley's will be there also. There will need to be some sponsors and assistance to put the class together but the first step is to get the ITPA to look at it. I have had several e-mails related to this type of class so it's time to step up if you really want it.

If I had to guess, the rule package would be the same as work stock but with the added turbo rule and maybe drive shaft loops for insurance purposes. Everyone needs to get the local diesel shops involved to help sponsor the class. This isn't a Chevy thing...Dodge thing...or Ford thing, it's a diesel thing. Hope to see a good turn out.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 AM

you gonna switch chargers to run that class?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 AM

And to think someone once said the ITPA had no clue what they were doing..... Seems to me they are making the perfect step.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM

This would be adding a new class but it is just in the talking stages. I'm not going to run it but it gives the guys who don't have big turbo's and duel pumps or big P-pumps a place to pull.