Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Fort-Worth Tx dyno day

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HT3500
Brian how do ya like the quad box? ya think it's got more than your previous setup??? How many Ntx guys are comin???
Not sure yet... feels strong and the power comes on a little different than the Smarty TST stack. has some drivability issues that are slowly getting worked out... Will say that I have never seen the boost gauge go from 10psi to 65+ in such a hurry though! pretty impressive!

I think RowJ posted that he will be there

DuallyDog (Matt) mentioned something about it

TexasCTD (Robert) wants to try out his new MP8 (note to self when installing MP8 harness before rail pressure harness... Ooops )

We will see what the dyno has to say, my seat-o-pants-o-meter has never been calibrated right!

Originally Posted by hotdram

And Brian, if your engine had compression, how much better would it run

~Rob

Dont want to hear it!! Man that thing was a PITA to turn over!! Might need to check that alternator nut soon!! Almost need a pressure relief for your cylinders! you would turn the motor over about a tenth of a turn and let the barring tool slip and the motor would spin back 2 10ths!! Was pretty to watch!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Planning to be there as well.

Probably not getting on the rollers, as nothing as changed since the last time I ran. One of these days, I'll have to change sometime to make my dyno numbers change.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Hey HT3500..... Where are y'all runnin it at up there? Would like to come but need a PM or somethin with an address so i can find my way up there. Its a little ways from here but driving has never bother me much!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
BBA

Brian how do ya like the quad box? ya think it's got more than your previous setup??? How many Ntx guys are comin???
Well wasnt plannin on missing this for nothin but now im not sure? My stock turbo on my twin setup gave out on me and unless anyone knows where i can get a good used one like asap i wont get to be there but if i do i wont get to dyno unless i get her fixed. I talked to bret with ODRA and he will be there so i might just meet him and ride with him. Anybody wanna donate a turbo or start a "donate a poor young kid in turbo need" fund? I think the only person i have met on here is buck but i can promise yall would love me( especially if ya could get me a turbo)
Old 11-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Man you have me scared... My secondary (HX35-14) has a bit more side to side than I'd like to see.... May be on its last legs... Oh well we will see! Just hope if it goes it leaves my S400 and motor ALONE!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by bnold
Man you have me scared... My secondary (HX35-14) has a bit more side to side than I'd like to see.... May be on its last legs... Oh well we will see! Just hope if it goes it leaves my S400 and motor ALONE!!

I was the same way it had a little play and i thought it would be ok and luckly i started noticing how thing started changing in spool up and then started making a very strange whistling noise and i happend to be pulling up to the house took off the cold pipe and noticed it had a ton of more notches and scratches on the blades than it was supposed to and i know i dont need to drive it anymore so now its a waiting game until i find another one!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Did you get the medal rubbige scream?? uggg scary

Sorry to get off topic
Old 11-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by fordkiller43
Hey HT3500..... Where are y'all runnin it at up there? Would like to come but need a PM or somethin with an address so i can find my way up there. Its a little ways from here but driving has never bother me much!
the place is hot street just take 35w to the 1187 exit in burleson go right about 6 or 7 miles and the place is on the hill on the right. look for lots of black smoke, we would love to have ya there. Just so every one knows this is all diesels welcome, sure would like to see more fords and chevys...
hey Brian how many miles you got in that stocker???
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM

(Gritting teeth... ) 140,000 Thinking good, non-metal rubbing, bearing failing, oil cooking thoughts!!

So uhhh anybody ever tried a rebuild kit for these before they grenaded?? Hmmmm who could I get to balance in Dallas??? hmmmmm
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 PM

Can a guy with a 6x6 stop by one the way through to watch?

The big girl wont be able to hit the rollers.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 PM

the place is hot street just take 35w to the 1187 exit in burleson go right about 6 or 7 miles and the place is on the hill on the right. look for lots of black smoke, we would love to have ya there. Just so every one knows this is all diesels welcome, sure would like to see more fords and chevys...
I just realized I have radiation treatment at 3:45 but I will definitly try my best to get up there to see y'all. It sounds like its gonna be a blast!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
.................. How many Ntx guys are comin???

Definately count me in! Looking forward to seeing everybody there and trying out the MP-8. As far as I know, Mike (XLR8R....Lazarsmith guy) will be riding there with me......if he isn't tied up on a job. He won't be dyno'ing his beast again until he gets a clutch.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 PM

Ok guys got the scoop on the dyno, it's a brand new Dynocom. The owner says it will load or inertia style, one guy told us it was within 4hp of speedtek's dyno. He also said torque readings will be calculated with out optical pick-up..Has anyone ever been on a dynocom??? sure looks nice..I'm guessing everyone wants inertia since were so used to dyno jets right???
Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Oh man some real torque numbers without the 30min fuss of trying to line up that little dang light!! Awesome!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok guys got the scoop on the dyno, it's a brand new Dynocom. The owner says it will load or inertia style, one guy told us it was within 4hp of speedtek's dyno. He also said torque readings will be calculated with out optical pick-up..Has anyone ever been on a dynocom??? sure looks nice..I'm guessing everyone wants inertia since were so used to dyno jets right???

If inertia is what they use for DYNOJETS......That is what I prefer!

For me, they have proven very consistent. I can't say the same for Mustangs.

Quick Reply: Fort-Worth Tx dyno day