Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Eastern N.C. Dyno/Drag Race/Sled Pull

Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Eastern N.C. Dyno/Drag Race/Sled Pull

There is a diesel dyno, drag race and sled pull scheduled for Saturday November 7th, 2015 @ "Coastal Plains Dragway" in Jacksonville, N.C. which is being put on by "Triple C Diesel Performance" also out of Jacksonville, N.C. "Triple C Diesel" will also have a "Test and Tune" and "Show and Shine." Gates will open at 8:00 A.M.

For any questions we have provided a link with phone numbers to "Triple C Diesel Performance:"

Events

I hope to see some of our members there!

--------
John_P
Old 11-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great meeting you at the dragway John. The event was great and I finally did get my truck on the dyno after you left. Think I would have ghetto fogged it just to see what happened! Took them about an hour after that Ford got off the dyno though.

I appreciate you letting me and my son crawl around your truck and taking the time to answer all my questions. I got a lot of great ideas after looking over your setup. That thing really is top notch top to bottom. I was very impressed with the attention to detail on everything.

To anyone who was thinking about going and didn't. Make time for it next year! They put on a great show and alot of really cool people showed up. Many of the trucks were very well built. Found this thread and had to chime in...would love to see this event continue going as well as it did this year.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gmanss
Great meeting you at the dragway John. The event was great and I finally did get my truck on the dyno after you left. Think I would have ghetto fogged it just to see what happened! Took them about an hour after that Ford got off the dyno though.

I appreciate you letting me and my son crawl around your truck and taking the time to answer all my questions. I got a lot of great ideas after looking over your setup. That thing really is top notch top to bottom. I was very impressed with the attention to detail on everything.

To anyone who was thinking about going and didn't. Make time for it next year! They put on a great show and alot of really cool people showed up. Many of the trucks were very well built. Found this thread and had to chime in...would love to see this event continue going as well as it did this year.
------------------
It was a pleasure to have met you and your Son! Sorry I couldn't stay to watch you run on the dyno. I had to get home for a family GTG. What kind of numbers did you put down on the dyno?? You have a nice truck also. The old Dodge CTD 12 valve trucks are capable of making huge horespower and still be very reliable. If you have any questions or anything please don't hesitate to give me a call.

You are right about Cliff Hutton's event @ CPD. He and his Wife and the entire staff at "Triple C Diesel" did a great job on putting this event on. The Staff @ Coastal Plains Dragway also did a great job, as usual.

Lets try to get together sometime and talk trucks again!

Take care!

--------
John_P
Old 11-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our buddy with the triple turbo duramax would have been a hoot to see on the dyno. Do you remember his name or the name of the truck? I tried to look that beast up and couldn't find anything.
The guy's had a bit of trouble getting everything working right on the dyno (the rpm sensor got dropped) but I did actually get some decent numbers out of it. My best pull was 473hp which I was actually quite pleased with considering what everyone else was getting for results. That was the first time I have put anything of mine on the dyno. It was pretty darn fun to be honest. I will definitely do it again after the next set of upgrades.

Hope to make it out to some more events in the future.

It was really cool seeing a truck with 300k on the clock rocket down the track like yours did. That thing is an animal!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gmanss
Our buddy with the triple turbo duramax would have been a hoot to see on the dyno. Do you remember his name or the name of the truck? I tried to look that beast up and couldn't find anything.
The guy's had a bit of trouble getting everything working right on the dyno (the rpm sensor got dropped) but I did actually get some decent numbers out of it. My best pull was 473hp which I was actually quite pleased with considering what everyone else was getting for results. That was the first time I have put anything of mine on the dyno. It was pretty darn fun to be honest. I will definitely do it again after the next set of upgrades.

Hope to make it out to some more events in the future.

It was really cool seeing a truck with 300k on the clock rocket down the track like yours did. That thing is an animal!
------------------------------------
Gary:

Thanks for your kind words on my truck!

Your truck did very well on the dyno! Congratulations on the good numbers.
It would be VERY easy to get your truck up higher than that on horespower but as you go up the dependability can go down.

You asked about my friends and his Brother with the Pro-Street Duramax .
The owner of that trucks name is Buck Spruill and his Brothers' name is Jess Spruill. Just Google his name and type in Duramax Diesel Drag truck and you will get some hits on it! Your right, the truck is FAST and I would say he is well above 1,500 H.P.! They are both really nice people too.

--------
John