Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

class rules are a joke at morgan's corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
class rules are a joke at morgan's corner

Went down to Morgan's corner lastnite and as usual tech inspection was a joke. Watched boys taking 500-800 pounds of weight out of the bed and put in cab right in front of track officials , trucks purging nitrous while staging. D-maxs with dual injection pumps . STOCK MEANS STOCK!!! Cheating down there has become the norm and the track is allowing it. I'll never give them my 20 bucks again! it's a shame they've let it get this bad. One competitor was so anoyed with being made to pull the tractor weights out of the cab he copped an atitude and started slinging them around and almost hit most my truck while arguing with the track official. the laughable part is he was caught cheating and still allowed to pull.(BTW it is the same truck the has dual injection pumps running stock class)

chris
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, isn't it weird how someone gets caught doing something wrong but gets all ****** off like the other people are at fault, like "I can't believe you're not letting me cheat" I hate that.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 AM

So did you win or not?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your only cheating if you get caught, so dont get caught. ive been to several truck pulls like this, its like taking a knife to a gun fight, sometimes you get lucky and can make it out alive, most of the time not. i wouldnt let it bother you, just go watch next time and laugh at the guys that break cause they are cheating.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 AM

i didnt go last night who has dual fuelers pumps on a chevy,what does it look like
Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
So did you win or not?
nope , I thought I could get one more pull out of the tranny ,but It wouldn't shift at all this morning. It was slippin' bad all the way home last nite. Hopefully here in the next couple weeks I can get it sqeezed into the shop and let THE man work his magic on it.

chris
Old 08-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by king d
i didnt go last night who has dual fuelers pumps on a chevy,what does it look like
I don't know his name he has a Champagne colored D-max. Nice truck ,but shouldn't be running stock class. Fords are spanking everybody,Those boys over at Twisted diesel performance are really dialing those trucks in

chris
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by oil_burner
I don't know his name he has a Champagne colored D-max. Nice truck ,but shouldn't be running stock class. Fords are spanking everybody,Those boys over at Twisted diesel performance are really dialing those trucks in

chris
You guys must not have any trucks worth a hoot out there if you guys are getting beat by Fords!

Out here its a Cummins and Duramax show.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM

I wish I coulda gone. They really do need to do something about the rules but they've got a lot going on in a short period of time. Can you imagine how long it would take for them to inspect each truck thoroughly. No one would get to pull. I think they do need to maybe set a limit of how many pull. Also I think the classes are not really fair. I know they are DHRA or whatever rules but hanging weights should only be aloud in certain classes. I have just as much hp as a lot of those guys but if you have hangin weights, thats no competition. Weights in the bed is no comparison. Also I dont think just b/c you have a turbo inlet reducer you can step down a class. Kevin might chime in on this one.

....and no we dont have any trucks that are real high hp running.500-600 yes but only a few. The fords are really running strong but thats b/c this is Ford Central. What do we have in dodges in the prostreet, the occassional me and then SCOTT. 1 dirtymax and the rest ferds. that talk a lot of junk.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 PM

i blew mine up @ chapponok a while back i hope to have it back together for the next all diesel event at morgans corner...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 PM

Last nite there was something like 25 trucks runing stock class. 1 duramax , 4 dodges, the rest were fords. As far aspeople with bigger chargers putting reducers in , I doubt anyone had one. Tech inspection consisted on measuring hitch height and wieghing thats it I never saw the first hood go up. They changed the rules now you can solid rear suspension in stock class . 7 trucks pulled 4 of which were blocked solid before they started checking and they allowed the pulls to count. DHRA says 2" travel minium for stock class. All that being said, I do think they have a good thing started. Personally I think pulling needs to start earlier, have a cutoff time or limit the amount of trucks. Have 2 KNOWLEDGABLE people teching the trucks . Once trhough tech you shouldn't be able to touch the truck. just my 2 cents.

chris
Old 08-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
I wish I coulda gone. They really do need to do something about the rules but they've got a lot going on in a short period of time. Can you imagine how long it would take for them to inspect each truck thoroughly. No one would get to pull. I think they do need to maybe set a limit of how many pull. Also I think the classes are not really fair. I know they are DHRA or whatever rules but hanging weights should only be aloud in certain classes. I have just as much hp as a lot of those guys but if you have hangin weights, thats no competition. Weights in the bed is no comparison. Also I dont think just b/c you have a turbo inlet reducer you can step down a class. Kevin might chime in on this one.

....and no we dont have any trucks that are real high hp running.500-600 yes but only a few. The fords are really running strong but thats b/c this is Ford Central. What do we have in dodges in the prostreet, the occassional me and then SCOTT. 1 dirtymax and the rest ferds. that talk a lot of junk.
I could tech a truck pretty thoroughly in about 1 minute. Alot faster than they could hook'em
Old 08-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Talking

I could tech a truck pretty thoroughly in about 1 minute. Alot faster than they could hook'em
if you want to bring that black beast of yours down show theses boys how it's done you got a free place to stay, That might Tim out of the shop with '00 then we'd get a real show
Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or treat it like Sat. night at your local dirt track. However many positions they pay, pull those trucks over and do a thorough tech after the class pulls.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by satburn
Or treat it like Sat. night at your local dirt track. However many positions they pay, pull those trucks over and do a thorough tech after the class pulls.
Now that is a good idea.

Quick Reply: class rules are a joke at morgan's corner