Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Chapel Hill, TN Tractor Pulls July 21,22!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapel Hill, TN Tractor Pulls July 21,22!!!

Well it's that time of the year again....county fairs, cotton candy and of course the LIONS CLUB SUPERPULL OF THE SOUTH RIGHT HERE IN CHAPEL HILL TENNESSE!!!!! For those of you interested it is next Friday and Saturday night which would be the 21st and 22nd of July. This is a big one, usually goes until 1am or better, lots and lots of pullin action....all I care about is the tractors(diesel of course) and the 4 wheel drive. I'm headin out there Saturday night with my kids....cooler....chairs.....earplugs.....goshhhh, the amount of stuff I have to tote again...need a pack mule.

Chapel Hill is not to far off the interstate, maybe 20 minutes or so and they usually mark everything really good so you can find it. I think it's exit 32 on I65...I only know it as the exit with Stans Restaurant, highway 412/99 towards Chapel Hill. Anyhow, if south bound on I65, it is the exit after Saturn Parkway(396), and before if North bound...I think its exit 32??
Old 07-16-2006, 02:44 AM
KVD

I'm headin up there friday for sure and maybe saturday.I went to ardmore (saturday nite) tonight.It's about 5 miles from my house and for a really small town it was a good pull.

Dodgeguy71 where bouts do you live? I live in taft which is in lower lincoln county bout a 2 miles from the alabama line.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Chapter President

KVD,

I live 5 miles west of Mount Pleasant over in Maury.....I'm in the southern most corner of Maury right along the Lawrence County line. Did you go out to the pulls in Lawrenceburg a few months ago? I think in September they have a non sanctioned bring what ya got pull over in Lynnville. That was fun, farm trucks, farm tractors, old/new. Was not very big, but I think it was only the 2nd year, lots of fun. Just sit on the tailgate and watch!! You headed down to Point Mallard on the 5th of August for the meet and greet??
Old 07-16-2006, 01:22 PM

We've got a little group that'll be down there. I think we'll be out there Sat. night also. Think that'll be the most action. Can you buy tickets in advance? I thought I saw that somewhere? Hey Dodgeguy what's your truck look like? I'll try and keep an eye out for ya. Maybe we can hook up and head down to AL next month, if you are going.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Chapter President

Too bad I'm at work on the boat or I woud be joining in on this!!! Seems I always miss out on the good stuff.

By the way KVD our Chapter is having a meeting in Decatur, AL on the 5th of Aug. Mglass here and Dodgeguy are both going to be a part so It would be good to see you there. PM me if you want more info.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:40 PM
KVD

Thats cool. My buddy is goin with his girl friday so I think I'm goin ride with him friday but plan to be up there on saturday.

PM me bout the pull and about the chapter meetin and I'll see if I have to work.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Chapter President

MGlass and KVD,

I'll be up there saturday night with my boy, girls are staying home(always make us leave early! ) I have been to the friday night ones, but the diesels run to late, I saw a program from last year and it said the diesels run first...which is what I like.

My truck is red with a craftsman box and a big John Deere sticker in the back window and two cowbells hangin off the back bumper....probably just described half the trucks that will be there!!!!! Plain wheels with trim rings and the 5" tip, oh yeah...the distinguishing mark, the Cummins Power emblems above the SLT at the doors.

I think you can by reserved seats for $25 for one night and $45 for both is what I heard on tv....radio....somewhere. I just bring a couple lawn chairs, a cooler and sit along the track in the grass. The lawn chairs are actually a heck of a lot more comfortable than those bleachers.

And yes, I am headed towards Alabammy on the 5th.....I keep bringing up the food question in the chapter post . To bad we could not round up a bunch and convoy down together. I'll probably get on I65 around exit 46 so if ya want to meet up around there let me know. Gotta fix my leaky fuel pressure gauge though....guys at work swear it's because I used General Motors coolant.....(cadillacs leak A LOT of coolant)
Old 07-20-2006, 12:57 AM
KVD

Well looks like I got to work to 7 friday but I'll be up there saturday.

Right now I drive a white reg cab 02 chevy Z71 with 6 inchs if of lift and 35 inch toyo mt tires with Mickey thompson classic 2s.With either factory exhaust or one single tip (depends if I weld my tip on before saturday).No tint on the windows and a small thor sticker in the back glass up near the top of the cab under the parkin light.

And yeah last year the diesels pulled first and the trucks started around 9:30 I think.It lasted till about 2 am last year.