Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

12.43 @107

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 2 closest tracks to me that I know of are in the St.Louis area and the Springfield area. Everyone up here always seems to go to Rogersville. Diesels ain't what people hop up around here. There is alot of 5.0 mustang guys, and rice rocket guys up here. I'm one of the few up here that has a hopped up diesel. Alot of guys will put chips on their trucks but thats as far as it goes. There is alot of 3rd gens with the crazy larry's that are pretty darn quick too. But like I said, that's all they got.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 AM

Cale maybe fixing to unseat David's time as the worlds quickest 7.3 Stroke. That will be interesting.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:48 AM

that's what i'm thinkin. and their dyno is a the same one that john has so it shows true horse numbers. it's supposed to have around the 700 horse numbers. i'm thinkin it's gonna be done. it's something like a load cell dyno or something. but my hind end is itchin to see it run. mike you aren't gonna be there are you? you need to be. chris said he's gettin way to much fuel at the bottom and it is doggy as crap. so he may be slower. doesn't adam have a timing box for a 05? speakin of him i think i'll give him a call and invite him out tonight. i thnk there's gonna be 6 or 7 diesel trucks from here goin up. so it'll be a smoky night.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:51 AM

I think they would back me off if I tried to run. It's dripping oil pretty bad from the headgasket but I may come over and watch. I drove it to work one day this week and left a 12 inch round puddle under the truck.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:53 AM

Adam has a TST and a programmer but his truck is in Lawrence Kansas. Bet a lot of gasser folk get woke up tonight.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:59 AM

i thought he also had a timing or a pressure box. i can't remember. but we will al be there tonight if anyone wants to come watch. or if you want a ide i have room for about 10 in my mega cab i just bought. or the yacht on wheels as we call it. of course i will make a pass with it cause there is an ongoing slow truck race between me and cody. i think i can take him cause he can't launch or shift. hehehe proud to say he has been converted from a ford to a dodge and he thanks me everyday. another happy customer.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:15 PM

I was planning on going to MoKan tonight. Looks like I might need to make a trip to Rogersville.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:01 PM

come on down and join in on the fun. the more the merrier. i'll be rowin the boat down the track a couple of times. it'll be the slow one.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:05 PM

Drop the truck off at the house with some big green bills and I will take care of the slow issues.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:34 PM

i guess i could just throw the bottle on it right quick. that's cheap horsepower. but i think the clutch would wave bye bye to me. and at 2500 miles that's bad. hehehe it may be gone before the nights over anyways. i'm gettin excited i mean i'm goin plum nutz i just want to see 11 something or another pop up on the light board at the end of the track. antsy in the pantsy.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:40 PM

David Lott just recently ran a 11.8 on #2 only according to a post on competitiondiesel.com. Maybe Cale will beat that for a #2 only figure. Have you seen any quick Duramaxes in your area. I havn't seen one at Rogersville yet. There is one that runs at Gateway that runs 11.85ish most of the time. He competes in the streetcar shootout diesel class they have and wins it all the time. I'm going up there for that as soon as the head is installed and I get the 7s installed with the nitrous.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:04 PM

nothing fast just mediocre stuff. 14 and slower stuff. quite a few good runnin fords though. i know i'll truck pull against any of them any day of the week though. especially after i get my dd. after that i'll probablly fog the boat. unlike everyone else i'm all about the fog. it's so much cheaper than everything else out there and it makes a huge difference.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pack Mule
that's what i'm thinkin. and their dyno is a the same one that john has so it shows true horse numbers. it's supposed to have around the 700 horse numbers. i'm thinkin it's gonna be done. it's something like a load cell dyno or something. but my hind end is itchin to see it run.
Brian has a Dynojet 224 w/ a load cell at the BTS shop
Old 07-15-2006, 03:02 AM

well this is a kick in the junk, cale was a no show after boastin he was gonna bust out a mid to low 11. as for chris his tranny crapped out right off the line, didn't even get to attempt a pass and fried the dude. well, we're thinkin tranny cause of it's wierd shifting it's been doing. but i'll say it's a stout son of a gun. so sorry no videos, for now at least. i didn't do worth a hoot either. 15.08 @ 92 bad launch. clutch was getin a little on the stinky side. that and i was gettin nervous at the line tryin to not roll out of the staging lights. i'm thinkin mid 14's is what i should be able to run. you can see the truck in my profile as soon as the pics get approved if they haven't been already.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:44 AM

That's not a bad time at all for those big 22s your running. Sounds like a clutch is in your future.

Quick Reply: 12.43 @107