Big Rigs Talk about other Cummins powered vehicles here. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even have to be Cummins, but it will be diesel! :)

Tipped over my semi this week

Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tipped over my semi this week

Well on the 7th day of my new buisness venture. I turned a corner to short in the dark of morn and before I could scream an explative, my beautiful IH 9200i Eagle layed on its side and went to sleep. But it is fixable.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:38 PM

uuuuuummmmmmmmmm..........what does a guy say, are you ok? Glad to hear it's "fixable". Let it be known, we can all agree that it's a shame! I for one am a visual person, any pictures?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:49 PM

All the pics are on my cell. so when I get them off of it some how I will get them posted. All I got out of it all was some sore muscles.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:04 PM

Well, glad to hear your ok, the soreness of muscles will go away. If for nothing else what can you share with us so that it doesn’t happen again….to you or us. Turn this into a learning event. I know for one that I learn something everyday from others, some guys know it all. There are many on here that will learn from your misfortune. Thanks in advance.....
Old 10-31-2009, 01:43 PM

I learned a lot of humility and about being humble. I've be driving 18 wheelers for 11 years on and off, and I never thought I would do something like this. The owner of the trailer, is who I'm leased to and he's been driving for 50yrs. Said to me, IT'S NOT IF IT HAPPENS, IT'S WHEN IT HAPPENS. So my advice to anyone is this. Even if you think your taking the corner wide enough take it wider if you have the room, & pay attention, take your time if I would have taken an extra couple of seconds to look in my mirror instead of trying to read the address number it wouldn't have happened. It's a mistake that I'll never make again.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:52 PM

I agree, it's not if...but when....I also look at the numbers way to close!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:16 PM

Glad you okay man. We had two tip over this week close to where I'm at. One carrying sand, I think the driver was okay. The other carrying acrylic acid, he had to be cut from the vehicle and made one heck of an environmental mess. Both curves are frequent flip points marked with big signs. Sometimes your actually okay, but then the load shifts and that's all she wrote.

Really glad your okay.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:51 PM

Glad nothing was hurt but your pride & your ride. I layed one over back in 77. I had a log home on that I picked up in Wyoming & was a mile from the job site in Michigan. I was going down a one lane gavel road following the contractor when going around a cornner the trailer wheel sunk in the soft shoulder. It pulled the trailer & tractor over into a dried up marsh that really saved the load & truck from to much damage.
I've been hauling gas for the last 27 yrs & hope to never lay my tanker over.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:26 PM

I pull a bulk feed trailer and they are so top heavy, If I had been on a hopper trailer I would have been fine. The funny thing is that the auger on the trailer is what kept it from going over on to its top. Also the tractor stayed on the road. My wife was pretty mad at me, but I figured its the hormones talkin bein pregnant an all, but thats why we have insurance.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
JKM

Can you pic message the pics? if you can ill give ya my cell#, can get em from my blackberry to the computer pretty easy.

Sorry to hear about the truck, i have put one over , but it was NOT moving, good ol end dump trailers....
Old 11-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Happy to hear you came out of it in good shape and that no one else was injured.

That is really all that matters, everything else is why they call it an "accident" and the reason we pay for insurance.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM

Trust me guys When I get some pics I'll get them posted. Well if you want to give me your cell # JKM I'll get them to you if you PM it to me. New development today, I talked to the shop foreman at the dealership and where there puting it back together he told me the engine was fine and needed no repairs. Well today the boss was there and he was talkin to the mechanic who is fixing it, he told the boss the 2 of the main bearings were almost gone and some of the rod bearings were showing severe wear. Humm Kinda makes you wonder how legit some of the shops are.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 PM

Sure glad you're okay.

Hope you get it fixed up soon enough...

And - you wife ought to be thankful you were not hurt.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Luke,
Glad to hear you are OK it is even more embarrassing when everyone sees you.

I lost a 40-foot end dump at a landfill, the wheels just sunk and it went over. I am always afraid of those when you are next to you and extended, they are an accident waiting to happen but I always see them all twisted up with new booms on them so it must be pretty common.

Jim
Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad your ok lesson learned bet it wont happen again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tipped over my semi this week