Cummins ISM ECM - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Big Rigs Talk about other Cummins powered vehicles here. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even have to be Cummins, but it will be diesel! :)

Cummins ISM ECM

Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #1  

Cummins ISM ECM

Would anyone happen to know what year the ISM went from 2 ecm's to 1?? I have an 03 now, that has 2 ecm's. Looking to buy another truck, but with the issues i've been having out of this one, my mechanic said try and find one a bit newer when they went to the single ecm. He was thinking late 04 or early 05 is when they change over to it.. can anyone confirm this?? I may have to call a dealer but just wanted to check here first? Thanks
SmokenRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenRam View Post
Would anyone happen to know what year the ISM went from 2 ecm's to 1?? I have an 03 now, that has 2 ecm's. Looking to buy another truck, but with the issues i've been having out of this one, my mechanic said try and find one a bit newer when they went to the single ecm. He was thinking late 04 or early 05 is when they change over to it.. can anyone confirm this?? I may have to call a dealer but just wanted to check here first? Thanks
That sounds right to me
ftltmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #3  

05 for sure from what I've seen. and very few problems ecm related, most failures due to operator negligence.
pind is offline   Reply With Quote