Welcome to ABDTR#5!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just PMed you
Old 11-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

Dennis don't get me wrong you guys have done one hell of a job getting the diesel scene where it is now. What I should have said I guess was that we will finally be recognized in the US now too with the HRDA coming up here should make the AAB one huge event next year. Looking forward to it.

Aaron
Old 11-22-2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks Aaron and I hope next year we show the US boys some serious competition Canadian Style!!!

One suggestion and this goes for every Canadian. Keep bugging Dieselpower and Dieselworld Magazine!!! These guys still don't get it and they still look at Canada as a small scene with very little diesel popularity.

If you guys want your trucks, events and whatever else noticed you have to hound them. I have email addresses of Editors from both magazines, PM me if you want them.

We just got Dieselpower Magazine to agree to let 3 Canadian trucks into next year's Dieselpower Challenge, my god that was a hard sell to get them to agree to and it ended up costing NADP a fair bit of change to guarantee it, but it's what is needed to get Canada recognized down there.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just thinking out loud here... I think there is a distinct difference between chapter activities and race related activities. I am not sure how to separate the two, but I know that a majority of the chapter are not racers or joined just to do drags/sledpulls/dynos... Most the meets over the last few years have been more social than competition based. Maybe the vendors that are interested in race activities should collaborate together? I dunno, just trying to keep similar interests together. This would also apply to a coordinator requirement I would think..

Any help/input appreciated. And I will persue with Dieseldaze to get the ABDTR back to "official status".... That means that all members here past and present will be have to get up to speed with DTR paperwork...LOL....
Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 AM

Social get togethers or racing activities, I am willing to help out either. We tried to do a few meets/cruise nights up here this year that flopped, but I haven't lost hope yet I know there is interest in these types of activities but not sure why they say "let's do it" and then don't show up?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 AM

I'm interested in ABDTR as a new diesel owner. Has anyone in Alberta had VIN# problems with their ECM? I posted on the HELP forum and not much help has come fwd from our American cousins.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Dennis-NADP
Social get togethers or racing activities, I am willing to help out either. We tried to do a few meets/cruise nights up here this year that flopped, but I haven't lost hope yet I know there is interest in these types of activities but not sure why they say "let's do it" and then don't show up?
I think when a vendor sets up these activities, there is a little hesitation to attend for whatever reason. Branding cruises or shows seem to be a turnoff as most of the guys have purchased from a myriad of vendors and don't want either the pressure or perception of being clients etc...

Any of our social events for the ABDTR have been well attended. Even just the corner coffee's turn into more than just a couple rigs once the word gets out.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:29 PM

That's too bad that people feel that way because all we are is a bunch of guys wanting to go for a cruise. We don't use it as an excuse to sell stuff. We may give away some free stuff, but that's as far as it goes
Old 11-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Dennis-NADP
That's too bad that people feel that way because all we are is a bunch of guys wanting to go for a cruise. We don't use it as an excuse to sell stuff. We may give away some free stuff, but that's as far as it goes
I know that as well, but the way everyone is bombarded with advertising they are just skiddish of being "assaulted" with advertising...LOL... Low key seems to be the ticket.. We should have a chin wag here soon just to invade a parking lot and have some suds.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

I'm all for it, that's what I'm looking for. Ppl who are like minded and want to hang with more like minded folk. BBQ's tobagganing, picnics, cruises whatever. Them kinda things are the fun stuff. I race but not very often as my cutie is my daily driver but my husband and I would love to meet with ppl that have the same diesel interests. I like to show off my truck as I am sure most of us do. What a sight a whole train of nice looking diesels heading off somewhere to take over.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our little train of dodge diesel sure got some looks on the way to Edmonton for the dyno...The guy with the white diesel dodge gave me the thumbs up when he passed us...
Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
We should have a chin wag here soon just to invade a parking lot and have some suds.
I'll be coming home in early December barring any mishaps. I'll give you a call or a message before that, we can start organizing the RD area.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Jason & Tate, let me know if you guys need any Red Deer help??? Hopefully we can have on here one of these days???
Old 11-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm an avid hot rodder with my 5.0 Mustang here in Calgary, but haven't been active at all in the diesel scene and don't post much here.

My truck is still pretty much stock but I would be interested in any local diesel get togethers.
I do have plans to bump up the truck while still towing our rv and car trailer but I have plenty to learn first.

...Joe
Old 11-25-2007, 02:06 AM

ah very good, welcome to the dark side

you frequent performance-shop.com then? what your handle?

Quick Reply: Welcome to ABDTR#5!