ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Truck got broken into last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truck got broken into last night

Went outside this morning to find all my doors unlocked, paper all thrown on the passenger side floor, cell booster gone, gps, multimeter and lots of other things.

OEM alarm was set last night, never went off.
I have a reward out for the recovery of my stuff and or info of the criminals.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awe man that sucks. Makes a person feel violated dosent it. I really feel for you!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Ahhh....Cra* Derrick.........Was that your new truck they broke into..?? Beside the stuff they took...What damage did they do to your truck to get in??

I will keep a eye out...Know what you feel like...It happen to me...I had to destroy my back yard,just to build a gross pad for my truck...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hunt em down like the cowardly curs they are I HATE a thief

Good luck getting your stuff back and glad to hear it was the truck instead of someone in the family getting hurt....
Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 PM

They didn't damage the truck, the doors were all unlocked this morning. Now I cant get my alarm to go off. Heading into Dodge in the morning to get them to go over it.

I know I locked my truck last night before going to bed.

When I asked Dodge today they said the only ways to open the truck without setting the alarm off was to use a slim jim on the drivers door, unlock it with the fob, or use one of those frequency scanners.

I didn't see any damage to the window, nor did the dirt look disturbed around the sill.

But everything was layed out on the passenger floor, the antenna wire for the booster was cut. Tells me they entered from the drivers seat.

Tell me what good the Dodge alarm system is if it s defeated from a slim jim? Hopefully I will know tomorrow from Dodge how their system works.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Really..a slim jim...and the alarm doesn't go off..???

Wow...so much for a the highend alarm system...I really would like to see what the dealer says about that..
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM

Gotta love Calgary NE(THE HOOD) where i work early mornings.Glad there was no damage that you can see------both my break-in's on my 07cost $850 for the rear slider and one passenger side rear Mega cab window $650ish.The rear slider has to be replaced as a whole unit not just on individual piece,insurance paid for both but it still cost me $500 for both because of the deductable---all for a $10 pair of Home Depot safety glasses that look like Oakley's.I'm still finding little pieces of glass every once in a while ,even though i vacuumed it for over an hour.DW
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That just sucks no doubt. Had the same happen to my 97. They never took anything though which still baffles me to this day, safety gear or anything that may have been of value.

That OEM alarm is a joke. My 08 truck will set off the alarm if I use the key to open the door and not the keyfob. Pretty stupid.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
That OEM alarm is a joke. My 08 truck will set off the alarm if I use the key to open the door and not the keyfob. Pretty stupid.
My folks '00 Intrepid does the same thing. Sorry to hear about your luck.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:45 PM

That really sucks.. sorry to hear.. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their arm pits..
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM

Sorry to hear.

Last week, my brothers 97 was broken into in Regina.

They stole a few thousand bucks worth of pipeline tracking equipment and tried unsucessfully to steal the truck as well.

People SUCK !
Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
The Guru

My 2010 was broken in last year, in hotel in Kamloops. I had my metal tunnel cover on my truck. I came out, my tunnel cover was bent open, my tail gate plastic handle was almost pulled off and my drive side of the truck was dented up and the tool boxes was jimmy open. I had nothing in the bed or the tool boxes.

I still haven't had time to take the truck in for repair. When I worked downtown Calgary, my vehicles got broken in all the time.

Sorry buddy for your bad luck, the dodge alarm is junk. The only time mine goes off is when I open the door with the fob.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM

It is funny Dodge says I don't have an alarm installed. Yet I know prior to this situation it worked.

What I found out today by trying it on a friends truck is that the alarm indeed does not sound if the driver side door is lifted by by a slim jim.

I am very curious to see if this is the same case in a Larime alarm system.

Does anyone know of a good alarm installer in Red Deer area?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 AM

Darn man not what u wanna see when u wake up I haven't had the experience yet and I sure as heck hope I dont atleast the rig aint MIA and I hope those crooks get hit by a Cummins haha!

Quick Reply: Truck got broken into last night