ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Tint question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in this pic my hand is up to the window giveing the u know what to the person takeing the pic lol the only time u can even see a shadow in the truck is if the sun is beamming in the front window and if when its like that its still hard to see in. ill never drive another truck/car without tinted windows
Old 03-03-2009, 05:45 PM

That looks so good!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my little car (1990 Turbo Sprint.. ) I had full 5% limo on the back and 15% on the fronts.. The trick was that in the sun it just looked like you had a shadow from the rear tint, not tinted windows. I got pulled over and the cop had to use his finger nail to see if it was tinted.

I tried 5% on my 89 front windows and tore it off after a week.. not being able to see out was my problem at night. Just too dark IMHO..
Old 03-03-2009, 05:52 PM

Ya I am a bit worried about it being to dark for night driving. I hope there is a vehicle at the shop with 5% I can look at to see. But if it's not and I get 15% I won't be happy knowing I could of went darker. So unsure!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM

I believe my side windows are 35%. Having everything behind dark helps make the fronts just look dark - not bad for night driving.

The RCMP have nothing to do out there - they will nail you for whatever they feel like, after they are finished doing doughnuts
Easy!...............I used to resemble that comment.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 PM

those are 5% all the way around like i said its great i also thought about driveing in the night and it not all that bad driveing at night when ur on a normal 2 lane high way out in the conutry u cant see anything out the window u cant even see ur mirror but if there is a car behind u can see them out the mirror. same when ur in the city u can see out the windows and see city street lights and stuff. so when im on a 3 lane main highway and i cant see cars head lights i know no one is there and clear to change lanes. i fig that when i drive at night i would hav to open window see if theres cars behind but no i never hav yet. only one prob is backing up on a drive or parking spot and theres no lights around thats the only i hav to open my window to see where im going
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Chapter President

Its not cars out my side mirror that I worry about. The side windows help to look for Bambi's trying to run up beside me on those empty roads.. That damages just as much as a head on bump...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
In my little car (1990 Turbo Sprint.. )
Do you have pictures of you in this car?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Tate
Do you have pictures of you in this car?
I think they may have been lost in the move.... This was before I bought my first diesel in 1996. But it did have a turbo and Mike would be proud, I blew the head gasket on it!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM

All done! Here's a bad pic, glad I went with 5% all the way around. The windows aren't quite as dark as they look, you can see threw the front ones still. The cab is so much darker though, when I drove it home at like 3pm this afternoon the dash was dark and pretty much needed my lights on, really like it

I got to see them tint my last window because it wouldn't go up and I had to play around with it, they sure make it look easy a whole 10 mins and it was done. But it sure is a ton of work. Now I need to find out what the hell is wrong with the window, it will go down anytime but it doesn't like to go up with either control

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
ICL

Looks good.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:32 PM

Looks good. Did Malcoms do it for you?

I may have to book my truck in for some tint now.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes and I was very happy with their work. $300 for it all. While I was waiting for them to do my last window because of the problem I watched them working on a few vehicles and they really take the time to do good work. They seem to do mostly cars but had no problem doing trucks. I found it good how the owner Malcolm is right in the shop working, he did all the tint on my truck he is a very nice guy and not suprised both of his locations are busy.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 PM

Looks good, I also had that problem with my window. It was the wiring grounding out in the door panel some how. Took it to dodge they fixed it quick.

Chad..
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mocho
All done! Here's a bad pic, glad I went with 5% all the way around. The windows aren't quite as dark as they look, you can see threw the front ones still. The cab is so much darker though, when I drove it home at like 3pm this afternoon the dash was dark and pretty much needed my lights on, really like it

I got to see them tint my last window because it wouldn't go up and I had to play around with it, they sure make it look easy a whole 10 mins and it was done. But it sure is a ton of work. Now I need to find out what the hell is wrong with the window, it will go down anytime but it doesn't like to go up with either control

ya thats what i was talking bout when the sun shines in u can see in the truck a little if the sun wasnt like that then u couldnt see jack allllllll

looks great i like it

Quick Reply: Tint question