ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Something followed me home...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved my Autometer guages in my old truck. Autometer warrantied any gauge no matter the age so I didn't mind spending the money. I had the electric fuel pressure gauge and the sending unit went after 2 years. They sent me a new one no questions asked and I even kept my old one. They didn't even want the old sending unit. Now that's a stellar company...
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I loved my Autometer guages in my old truck. Autometer warrantied any gauge no matter the age so I didn't mind spending the money. I had the electric fuel pressure gauge and the sending unit went after 2 years. They sent me a new one no questions asked and I even kept my old one. They didn't even want the old sending unit. Now that's a stellar company...
That is good to know as i have 9 of them in my 01 and plan on installing 7-8 more in the 07 Mega,i just assumed after 1 or more years when one of them craps out they were out of warranty-----i have replaces 2 sending units in my oil temp gauges within the past year(25 bucks for the unit).DW
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
That is good to know as i have 9 of them in my 01 and plan on installing 7-8 more in the 07 Mega,i just assumed after 1 or more years when one of them craps out they were out of warranty-----i have replaces 2 sending units in my oil temp gauges within the past year(25 bucks for the unit).DW
Yeah. I couldn't believe when they dropped shipped me a new 30psi electric sending unit at no charge. They are about $100.00 to buy here in Red Deer. My old boost gauge used to flutter and they fixed that too for no charge. The only charge was the shipping to get it there and they covered it back.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Yea the gauges aren't bad my issue is with the pillar. My mistake was buying from RPMoutlet first off(i've had a lot of problems with just buying the stuff there), and how Autometer won't return any of my complaints about the poor quality pillar. I will have to get a pic of it, it is terrible, they didn't even include the screw and I have had to put a bolt on there because I cannot find a bolt with a screw head to fit
Old 03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I once hinted that my Isspro boost gauge had a rattle in it and got a PM from Isspro that they would replace it! I had AM in my previous truck and didn't like the lighting or the colors (ultralites), the pyro needed a flashlight to see it at night.

Anyhow, there are so many companies out there now with gauges, its hard to pick. I like the Isspros so far, hard to go back...
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
The Guru

Lil dog, you gonna turn-off the 6.7L bad stuff with the smarty? Does that work? How about the injector thingy, they have go back into the same hole and the injectors are matched to the ecm?

I'm starting to warm-up to the new stuff again. How the tranny holding up? How many klicks you got on the beasty? Its just so much easier working on a new truck and ruin it. Than buy an old truck and fix it.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Chapter President

I haven't got my S67 yet. I have a list of goodies to get for it before stuff starts getting put on the shelf. I have only put about 2500 Km on it since I got it.. So far so good. It sure likes the highway better than town.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
The Guru

Just checking up on the test ride. So you haven't put in the bigger sticks or twinz yet? I want to see one of these truck just run on the smarty and see what kinda numbers they put up. How about the exhaust fix?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Chapter President

ME software takes care of the emissions stuff. Then a pipe from a local vendor with the appropriate bungs for the sensors.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
The Guru

I'm glad things are getting fixed up nice on the 6.7L, I'm kinda warming up to. The interior in a Lam truck is top notch, you get the console in yours? Its almost getting too nice to so you actual want to use it as a truck. Thats when its nice to have a real truck handy. But the old school 1st gen are nice to. My wifey wont let me buy one of those. I found few gems out here on Vancouver Island this week. Its a tuff day in the office today. Might have to go and find patio today, and relax, and think about this some more.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Chapter President

I do like the interior. I have looked in a friends Frod and it was pretty nice to be honest.

The 97 is gonna go under the knife soon, clutch and tranny need a rebuild and making noises I don't like. Might have to get dirty. Having a shop do the tranny is looking more appealing.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
I do like the interior. I have looked in a friends Frod and it was pretty nice to be honest.

The 97 is gonna go under the knife soon, clutch and tranny need a rebuild and making noises I don't like. Might have to get dirty. Having a shop do the tranny is looking more appealing.
Give me a couple months, we can do it in my garage. May as well pull the head and o-ring while its down and parked. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 3.0 charger for it too.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 AM
The Guru

I'll come over and drink all of Tate's beer.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I'll come over and drink all of Tate's beer.
You guys are all heart!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
The Guru

Someone has to slow Tater down, he get way to much stuff done.

Quick Reply: Something followed me home...