ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Scaffolding

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scaffolding

Would anyone in the Calgary area have any scaffolding I could borrow???
Want to re-do my roof and I'm getting to darn old to climb ladders and also...I got a bit of a fear of heights..
Old 08-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't you just take your truck, a few friends and a flatbed trailer down to one of the hundred construction sights in downtown Calgary and borrow some? I am sure they won't mind as long as you return it by autumn....
Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Can't you just take your truck, a few friends and a flatbed trailer down to one of the hundred construction sights in downtown Calgary and borrow some? I am sure they won't mind as long as you return it by autumn....

Just was informed that some of the tool rental companies rent them out also..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a good deal on them at Costco. I once had them but what a pain to store all the stuff I need for work so I sold mine a cpl yrs ago. Good call too, didn't needed them since.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Thats the problem with some of these tools...You only need them once and then they sit taking up room...I have alot of tools like that..
Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Thats the problem with some of these tools...You only need them once and then they sit taking up room...I have alot of tools like that..
Kind of like a small electric cement mixer---i have passed on probable a dozen of them deals for a couple of hundred dollars over the years but------you sure wish you had one when you needed it.Sure is real cheap to buy, just the sand/gravel and cement powder by the load/yard and mix it yourself over the bag or delivered premix.That is what i did when i built my fence,works out to less than $2.00 a hole and i probable have 15 inches around each 6x6 post/3 feet deep.Wifey said i looked like a kid in a big "SANDBOX"playing.