ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

New To Forums... from Calgary.. with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New To Forums... from Calgary.. with PICS

Hey guys... this is my introduction lol...

I have been over on CumminsForum and Performance-shop forums for a while and never knew about this site untill today haha... looks like ive been missing out on some alberta wide meets and dyno days...

Anyways, about myself...

I have a 2007 5.9L 2500... Mods are ...

-AFE Stage II
-BullyDog Crazy Larry
-5" Turboback Exhaust
-BD Torque Convertor and Valvebody
-4" lift with 35s

I am 20 years old... bought my truck sept 06 and have been dumping money into it since i bought it LOL

I Just ordered GR 6" stacks for the truck yesterday lol, should be here in a week haha... cant wait..

I was at the DPS dyno day this summer, maybe met some of you there....

anyways... here are a few pics of my truck...

haha Sorry if thats too many pics...

Anyways...

ALL comments / questions are welcome....
Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM

Nice truck, welcome to the forum!

Maybe we will see you racing next year at some of the events? Lots of sled pulls and drag racing next year in ALberta.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the DTR!!!

Nice rig, nice to see someone saving it for the track as well!!! I like the pick with the flare stack...LOL...

Again, have fun, we have alot of members in and around cowtown with mild to wild mods that you could be jawing with..
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM

Thanks Guys...

Yeah I plan to do alot of racing next season... this year i was only able to make it out twice!!! Next time i go to the track, i will take out my 3 toolboxes and tools and spare tire and everything else thats easy to remove lol.. becuase she is heavy..
Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen your truck around town a couple of times, Welcome1
Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Ha ha.....you made it!

right on
Old 12-20-2007, 09:17 PM

Yup seen it around too and done plenty of business with Kevin @ DPS and others.Heres mine ,but you probable only see it occasionally cause its mostly a hobbie truck with only 40,000KMS.First 2 pics are a few years old,last one is with new front/rear Road Armors---hope to see you on the road.PS--- Might see you at DPS dyno next year,i was suppost to be there this year but i was trying to get the bumpers on before the show Friday night/truck all apart and they sent me Ford bumpers so i had to pass or put it all back together.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 AM

DWeiler, your truck looks great with the painted road armour bumpers... nice choice... do you notice the extra weight during acceleration or turning??

hhaa yeah Demon I made it...

My name is Cody btw guys... and if anyone sees me on the road again... feel free to come up and say hello... i love seeing other ppl's rides no matter what brand...

Anyone wanna help me install my stacks when they come in LOL?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:59 AM

Welcome Cody, have fun with that truck, they are alot of fun, and very addicting

Kevin
Old 12-21-2007, 08:40 AM

Who do you work for. you might have seen my dodge around calgary. Its the same color as your except its on 37's and 9" lift. Nice rig BTW
Old 12-21-2007, 12:06 PM

Yeah I might have seen your truck dodger, but there are ALOT of lifted grey dodges with bushwhacker flares around now lol... hence why i am getting stacks, to stand out more....

Ill PM you about where I work....

-Cody
Old 12-21-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
Yup seen it around too and done plenty of business with Kevin @ DPS and others.Heres mine ,but you probable only see it occasionally cause its mostly a hobbie truck with only 40,000KMS.First 2 pics are a few years old,last one is with new front/rear Road Armors---hope to see you on the road.PS--- Might see you at DPS dyno next year,i was suppost to be there this year but i was trying to get the bumpers on before the show Friday night/truck all apart and they sent me Ford bumpers so i had to pass or put it all back together.
Hey that truck is famous Looks awesome with the road armor now. Good job!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis-NADP
Hey that truck is famous Looks awesome with the road armor now. Good job!
Thanks Dennis,it was either the bumpers/Warn 16.5TI winch this year or the BD twins/o ring head/studs etc(maybe next year for those) ,but i went with the bumpers due to the fact that i'v had to swerve to miss "Bambie" 3 times last year times driving back and forth to my place at "Gull Lake"---its just a matter of time before i hit one.I had "Line X" coat the bumper too,no paint/powdercoating to flake off. ---sure do get alot of rubberneckers looking back when they pass.Ps---- The look has change a bit from the photo shoot/mag article (Diesel Power feb07),I now have mounted the spare on the canopy roof in a Yakima basket and made a custom light mounts in front of the basket for the 4 old 8" Procomps i had on the front before the Road Armors.Truck is staring to come together,but i doubt we will ever be done with our rigs,just enjoy working/picking away at it bit by bit.DW---see you at next year "Blackout"
Old 12-21-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
DWeiler, your truck looks great with the painted road armour bumpers... nice choice... do you notice the extra weight during acceleration or turning??

hhaa yeah Demon I made it...

My name is Cody btw guys... and if anyone sees me on the road again... feel free to come up and say hello... i love seeing other ppl's rides no matter what brand...

Anyone wanna help me install my stacks when they come in LOL?
Don't really notice any extra weight driving, but my estimate is around 275/300 with winch and bumper,might have to keep a closer eye on the balljoints but time will tell.I noticed more of a slower acceleration when i tried Toyo M/T 315"s for a bit,really added to the look factor of the truck but hindered the performance/bottom end with the 3:55 rear end----went back to 285"s.Thanks for the comments.DW

JEKYL----Love the color,always liked gray as my second choice,the Mrs is eying a 3rd genner now,so we will see.Heaven help my pocket book----2 trucks to bomb---LOL---DW