ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

injector testing

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will say the price I was quoted by GCL for remans was... way out of line. You can buy new for cheaper...

Oh yeah... and I've been told by a few different places "remans are 95% new injectors rather than reman because they need the cores". This doesn't make sense to me. Anybody care to explain?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an FYI, apparently Bosch is on a 2 month backorder for CR injectors nationally in the states.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:41 PM

I just put brand new injectors in my truck. Had to send my old ones back as a core. I guess my old ones get turned into remans, I don't quite grasp the core idea either.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:44 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by Gmanndodgeguy
GCL flow tested my injectors three months ago at a cost of just over $200. After reading this post I'm starting to regret ordering Reman Injectors for my truck.

Are they really that bad? I don't understand how they could really screw up the engine? Running it lean? Rich? Mike or someone pls explain!!!
The high mileage injector body will leak (not seal), causing excessive fuel delivery into the cylinder. Used parts with high miles, probably will not last as long as new. The injector nozzles will get fouled causing one or more of the holes to become plugged, and might cause the pisotn to become damaged.

Basically CR engines are expensive to run, cores should not be required on new injectors. The injectors are available, you just have to know were to find them, without getting raped.