ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

boulder metals bumpers. . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RED-BARON
Go check out my pics in my profile, there isnt many but it should give you an idea anyway..My pic on the top by my name is one...

Chad...
i tried looking in your gallery a couple days ago - all(3) pics are with a stock bumper - also, i don't think i can enlarge the avatar. . .
Old 01-02-2009, 05:01 PM

Ill try something just bear with me.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSilver
i tried looking in your gallery a couple days ago - all(3) pics are with a stock bumper - also, i don't think i can enlarge the avatar. . .
I hope this works, remember im blacking out all chrome when winter ends. Final goal all black and red when completed. It kinda looks out of place right now. IMO..
Attached Thumbnails boulder metals bumpers. . .-bump.jpg   boulder metals bumpers. . .-truck1.jpg   boulder metals bumpers. . .-truck2.jpg  
Old 01-02-2009, 05:21 PM

those look awesome - thanx for posting.
that was from the guy in red deer correct? - would you mind posting or PMing a price?

later,
jason
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSilver
those look awesome - thanx for posting.
that was from the guy in red deer correct? - would you mind posting or PMing a price?

later,
jason

Yeah i got it through Armour Inc in red deer, Ill pm you the price when i find the receipt, i had to pay extra for the piaa's "fog lights". I also had another guy down here by lethbridge powder coat it. That was only $300, that guy in red deer will also powder it if you want, not sure what the cost is for that.

Chad...
Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM

did armour inc build it? or did they bring up a road armour for you?

the black looks awesome. i'll also be going black but line-x on top of the powdercoat. apparently line-x sticks wonderfully to powdercoat - and its probably cheaper to have it powdercoated than to have the the guys prep bare metal for line-x - this came straight from the line-x guy in ne calgary. . .
Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Pm sent Jason, Yeah Donavan at Armour inc has that guy build them. He calls them Bullit Proof, i think it's a spitting image of the road armour but cheaper. So you can line x over powder eh, i never knew that. Hmmm that might give me some options, i was thinking of doing a two tone powder red and black but the guy couldnt match the Inferno Red. Thanks Jason im going to look into that. I have black rims waiting to go on, but i dont want to change out untill spring. good luck and let me know how u made out..

Chad..
Old 01-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Yeah I have the BulletProof Bumper as well.

I got Line-X to color match spray my bumper metallica grey.

I love it!!

Now I just need 4 Lightforce Lights to put on it!! and a winch.....

Old 01-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
Now I just need 4 Lightforce Lights to put on it!! and a winch.....
I'm still on the fence about LightForce. I do have four. I know other AB members have nothing but good things to say. However, for the price, the lighting set-up on my '98 put out more, for less money invested. Just an observation.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Hey jekyl : what did it cost you to armor gaurd the bumper? Im thinking i might change mine to match the inferno red. It is powder coated black, would the armour gaurd stick to it, or wwould i need to sand blast it first?

Thanks Chad..
Old 01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
The Guru

Jekl, that is one sweet looking ride buddy. Where did you get bumper from?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW.......Very nice....
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Anyone have a pic of a 2nd gen with a Bulletproof bumper on it? Do they even make them for 2nd gens for that matter?
I would love to get a big bumper on my truck, especially after today's little road rage deal on the #2 by lacombe, but I'm not paying what road armor wants for one.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Festus
I'm still on the fence about LightForce. I do have four. I know other AB members have nothing but good things to say. However, for the price, the lighting set-up on my '98 put out more, for less money invested. Just an observation.
hmmm I know they are expensive... Especially the 240 HID setup.

I dont really care about brand, i just want really good light for a decent price.. DO you have any recommendations on lights?? Im looking to fit 4 on the bumper beside eash other int he middle below the bar...

Thanks..

Hey red Baron, it cost me 600 to get color match lineX spray. But wow is it worth it... I alreaday accidentally hit it a few times with some objects and the stuff doesnt chip. So i took my 4lb hammer when it was -35 out and hit it pretty hard and the stuff doesnt chip off. And mine seems to be alot more coarse and rough than the stuff i usually see in bedliners, so maybe there are different grades you can spray on??

I know a guy with a powder coated bumper and its chipping off already... couldnt handle a couple rock chips.... you probably could spray over your powder coat.

I am going back to lineX in the spring and getting them to color match spray my fender flares, bottoms of my doors (where the line is for the chrome stripe thing is, and my back bumper... it will be pricey but it is gonna last a long time and be able to handle all the rocks thrown at it from gravel roads....
Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
hmmm I know they are expensive... Especially the 240 HID setup.

I dont really care about brand, i just want really good light for a decent price.. DO you have any recommendations on lights?? Im looking to fit 4 on the bumper beside eash other int he middle below the bar...

Thanks..

Hey red Baron, it cost me 600 to get color match lineX spray. But wow is it worth it... I alreaday accidentally hit it a few times with some objects and the stuff doesnt chip. So i took my 4lb hammer when it was -35 out and hit it pretty hard and the stuff doesnt chip off. And mine seems to be alot more coarse and rough than the stuff i usually see in bedliners, so maybe there are different grades you can spray on??

I know a guy with a powder coated bumper and its chipping off already... couldnt handle a couple rock chips.... you probably could spray over your powder coat.

I am going back to lineX in the spring and getting them to color match spray my fender flares, bottoms of my doors (where the line is for the chrome stripe thing is, and my back bumper... it will be pricey but it is gonna last a long time and be able to handle all the rocks thrown at it from gravel roads....
$$$$800.00 beans,2 years ago to do these bad boys with LINE-X"ULTRA",that included to have them both sandblasted as well before the coating(they were shipped *RAW*)Front/Rear.Well worth the price cause the bugs just explode when they hit.I get more pieces on my windshield than anything.Would i do it again------maybe,customer service "sucks",but i'm going to keep the newer 2007 Mega a little tame for a bit(MRS)is all over me like a bad rash so i have to lay low for a while.Road Armor again----NO THANKS,PS-- i think i have about 6500.00 into the whole set-up(lights/Warn16.5TI winch F/R-bumpers/coating)DW----One more thing--- i like my 89.00each 4 PROCOMP lights better than the twice the price KC's on the front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails boulder metals bumpers. . .-dodge-trucks-020.jpg   boulder metals bumpers. . .-dodge-trucks-010.jpg  

Quick Reply: boulder metals bumpers. . .