ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Any suggestions on what next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MegaMagoo3500
Thanks Festus. Is Top here in the city. Diesel tech quoted me@ just under $1100 for the package installed. Is this a decet price? I'am very curiuos as to seeing what the truck does my self as i curretly do not have any guages right now. What kind of pressure are you seeing for fuel? And what about your EGTS what are you seeing on average? Thanks.
Top is Lary Ellis -- chief guru of the DTR and runs the DTR store -- he's in Virginia (search for "Lary Ellis (Top)" and PM him). I'm not sure what package Dieseltech quoted you on, but that is way too spendy for a Quad Commander, module, and pillar mount - I installed myself and opted for the optional injector pressure kit as well. If memory serves me right, I paid around half of that for my package.

Idle and cruising - module on any level: 8-10 psi
Module off: can pull down to 3-4 psi.
Level 1: can pull down to 1-2 psi.
Level 2: can pull down to 0 psi if I walk on her.
Level 3: can easily pull fuel pressure to 0 with little effort.

Light loads (quads, boat, bumper pull 2 horse trailer), I've never seen EGT's over 1100. I haven't pulled the GN on the farm yet as I don't have my hitch in yet. It should be noted that my thermocoupler is mounted in the elbow of my Pacbrake post turbo.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:01 PM

The last time I was In at NADP i had to wait around a long time to talk to anyone so i left. Ive bought my diablo sport, Predator pressure box, and afe intake from you guys ad the service then wasnt bad. Must have just been a busy Time. Well Barry I will try to give you guys a call tommorow or drop in, Ive really gotta come up with a plan to go forth with. Thanks.

P.S My name is Jason.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 AM

Maybe i should just go with smarty and stack with my dr.p box.Get analogue gauges and a set of clutches and call her a day!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Barry,
My Boost gauge is way out of whack. I keep hitting the alert every gear. Now i called in and asked and ur guys, they tell me to up the max boost limit but it makes me feel uneasy im @ 52psi on attitude and im still getting up to %60 back down. So my question is what was the $1200 for? When i brought it to you guys i could drive the dang thing!!! Now ive got less power then stock it feels!! Ur guy told me i have to learn to stay out of it!! When i called i was doing 50km on the yellowhead!!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:07 AM

What are you running right now for electronics?? (actually installed), and what kind of turbo are you running??
Old 12-22-2007, 12:24 AM

Hey ramtd02 thanks for the reply. Iam running a stock turbo. As for electronics i have installed nothing other than what is in my sig.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:06 PM

mega please come back to the shop and we will be than willing to fix the problem
Old 12-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Barry,
I appoligize if i sounded a bit rude in my post. I ve been playing around with it a little in the settings and it seems to be working alot better. The boost is still out of whack. Im seeing about 51-54psi at WOT.So i have my backdown set@56psi and i havnt come close yet. It seems to be out 8-10psi,on the high side. At idle it says 13-14psi boost. I will admit I DO like the power, it is nice and smooth all the way through the gears.Impressive! Iam running it on level 2. Anyways with that being said, i will get a hold of you guys after x-mas and see if we can figure something out.Thanks Barry. Merry X-mas!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:19 AM

no problem mega...i see barry got too you, so all is good.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Yep all is good!! Ramtd02 do you have any idea what a sensor might cost?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:12 AM

not quite sure....hopefull cheaper than my rail pressure sensor.....dodge wants $1,000 for it....cummins wants $300. I would imagine the map sensor would be about 100.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by barry-nadp
mega please come back to the shop and we will be than willing to fix the problem
Somewhat off topic. Barry, I will say that your guys in the shop are a great bunch. Helped me out in the spring by assisting to diagnose my Quad issues over the phone and when I did get the truck moving, they had me bring the truck down so they could clear my codes. They did this for free as well - this is important to mention because the purchase was made elsewhere before I really knew about the shop. However, to show my appreciation, I filled my hands with some loot off the shelves before leaving.

Top notch service from the guys even though they are occasionally hard to get to stay put in one spot - very busy place.

Now, I'm not a huge spender on HP and have almost everything I want, but I'm sure you guys will have something from time to time to separate me from my hard earned money.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
The Guru

I would burn out your old clutch first. Your gonna have to either refinish your old fly wheel or replace it anyways for the new clutch. After that its easier to sell the wife on clutch. I would go programer or edge route first. Mark what kind of number you putting down without drugs?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I would burn out your old clutch first. Your gonna have to either refinish your old fly wheel or replace it anyways for the new clutch. After that its easier to sell the wife on clutch. I would go programer or edge route first. Mark what kind of number you putting down without drugs?
Actually, because he has a G56, he has a dual mass flywheel....which means no matter what, the flywheel needs too be replaced. Southbends come with the flywheel.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:43 PM

The kit I was looking at from NADP had the flywheel. Does anyone know the when the first day after the holidays they are open? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Any suggestions on what next?