ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment

Anyone have some suggestions/goodluck as where to head for an alignment on my 2007 dually(CALGARY AREA).-------Pulled the trigger on 7 new BFG KM2 M/T in the new size(255/80/R17---33.3 inch) for install on Wed and just like to know some places that actually know what they are doing with these Dodge front ends and not looking to sell you a new truck or front end once they get it on the hoist.The place i bought the tires from does not do alignments---only tires(he beat everyone's price by far after spending 2 hours+visits to other shops).Stock tires made it to about 40K miles,probable run for a little longer but they are almost at the wear-bars.I''m in no rush but probable get it done within a few weeks after the install.THANKS for the suggestions.DAVID
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David....Take it to Stampde Tire....4211-Ogden Road S.E....There is only one fellow that does aligments...I brought my own specs to him,but he convinced me to twick my specs a bit(very small change from my specs)....What a difference...Truck handles and steers better than than the old custom settings that I had..
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 PM

Thanks Dave---he is down close to where my tire place is-----this guy beat Kaltire and a few more places by 400.00 plus on the tires-pays to shop around.I even though about importing from the US like i do with most of my mods but with shipping/mounting/balance ect i could not touch or beat his price from the US.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another place that I found has very good tire prices is Togo Tire..
Old 03-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Dave W., that's a great tire size for your dually.

Just a little taller & wider than the stock 235's. Is your 2007 dually a manual trans or auto? Especially if it's a G56 manual, the taller tires will help nicely with highway cruising.

Wow, they are a little agressive though!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....um=58QR7KM2RWL

Diesel Dave, thanks for Stampede Tire recommendation. I've been looking for a good independant alignment shop where the technician is open to custom settings.

...Joe
Old 03-06-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel

Just a little taller & wider than the stock 235's. Is your 2007 dually a manual trans or auto? Especially if it's a G56 manual, the taller tires will help nicely with highway cruising.

Diesel Dave, thanks for Stampede Tire recommendation. I've been looking for a good independant alignment shop where the technician is open to custom settings.

...Joe
From what i read is that they are in between the A/T and there regular M/T tire---the exact tire size i want to run on my dually being an "AUTO".After e-mailing BF Goodrich the 255/80/r17 will not be available for some time in the A/T tread.If they are to aggresive i may have them "sipped".A few others on diesel sites are running them and they have good reviews.I guess i will try and be the "guinea pig" here, hope it work out but if not i will definetly tell others.I bought those 2 inch steel spacer/adapter that i showed you last time you were here, but i really don't want to run the tires on the outside of the fenders on the rear.Probable unload the spacer to my bro-law or re- sell.Later guys-heading to the lake to check on the unit/site-sit by the fire and enjoy our early spring AAAAAAND------- DRINK SOME BEER---LATER DW
Old 03-06-2010, 08:07 PM
The Guru

Good advice DW, just don't scare off to much wildlife on the spring outting? Sure nice weather this week.

My truck has never been aligned right since day one. I just do my own alignments now.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 PM

mike -
maybe this will help you with your alignments if you haven't already sen it:
http://www.thurenfabrication.com/align.html
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
The Guru

I've read that info. Its good stuff. I've taken my truck in for an alignment and had my truck with the steering wheel center way off from where its suppose to be. I've even gone so far as thinking about buying the tools to do our own alignment, during a GTG of course. You hold the donuts while I tweak.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:34 AM

Hey Dave-could you PM me with what those tires cost you? I have something like this in my future I think-curious what the rubber will cost before I pull the trigger on the rest of the supporting stuff.

Thanks
Jason
Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by JHansen
Hey Dave-could you PM me with what those tires cost you? I have something like this in my future I think-curious what the rubber will cost before I pull the trigger on the rest of the supporting stuff.

Thanks
Jason
PM sent
Old 03-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel

...Joe
Tirerack wants 1379.00+447.51US to get them here from the US=1956.36US(all fees/taxes/brokerage etc----.Then you will have to pay another $30.00+ up here to get them each mounted.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Got it Dave-thanks very much.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
The Guru

DW, what you think of the new tires? I paid $1400 for my toyo M-55 285/R16/75 from my local dealer. I don't like them at all. They aren't bad in the snow, but aweful on ice/mud. Man are they noisy.

I bought a set of wheels from four wheel parts BFG KO 285/R16/75 including a low end procomp rims for $1200, right to my house. They had a close out deal on.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
DW, what you think of the new tires? I paid $1400 for my toyo M-55 285/R16/75 from my local dealer. I don't like them at all. They aren't bad in the snow, but aweful on ice/mud. Man are they noisy.

I bought a set of wheels from four wheel parts BFG KO 285/R16/75 including a low end procomp rims for $1200, right to my house. They had a close out deal on.
Good score on the tire/rims combo but---350.00 FOR TOYO'S---OUCH----Sister has the same ones on her 2006 Dodge diesel as you do up in Peace River area---same experiences(and believe me she is in and out of well sites/day by day doing the environmental thing,environmental scientist PHD for the big bad oil/gas companies-KIDDING.If she has any experience(s) with them at work and on the road/farm i listen. Tires are not on the truck until Wed but i did sneak down and have a look-see today----WOW,not to bad at all,nice and narrow should be good to push this dually through some deep stuff(snow---i got stuck at the lake last weekend in 2 feet of snow/shovel for 20 minutes on these bald Generals ).The KM 2's don't appear to be to aggressive by looks,my 88 Suzuki had BFG mud terrains on it and they were meaty so as i said before i think these ones will be in between the A/T and regular M/T.I will post pics after they are mounted.--------DW PS siping is an option if they suck on ice/packed snow,but i drive reasonable/to the driving conditions--most of the time.

Quick Reply: Alignment