ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

ABDTR#5 Spring GTG - April 9 - Red Deer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry..I didn't make...Landed up going out with a few co-workers Friday after work....Had a very big head Saturday morning...
Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The day went by way way to fast. Fun times, just hanging out. Good to see everyone again. I think my truck was the most stock of the bunch
Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
Thanks very much for your service for our country Pete.

X2 - Canadian Military never hears that - and they very badly need to.

Thanks for doing that thing for me Pete (wow that didnt sound very good.....). I owe you a beer or coffee.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULLY
My thanks to all.
I was a bit hesitant to show up for this but things turned really well in my opinion.
Very friendly and like minded people sharing a interest.
I'm looking forward to doing this again and as with everything cool the time went too fast!!!
I am really hoping "Tate" will show up one day.
I must have heard his name over a dozen times yesterday saying "too bad Tate isn't here to check out your truck/ he is the guy to talk to".
And thanks Joe. It means a lot to me when someone says those words!!!
See you all next time.
I think this is the first official DTR meet I haven't been to since I started coming on here. A bit disappointed, but it was bound to happen. Next one I intend to make.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 PM

Yes it wasa great day for a drive and a chinwag, good to see Homestead again and the rest of the crew .
I dunno Mike , the new truck is all stock.
Thanks Joe i will probably take you up on that offer like you said it's not a question if bu t when will it fail.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good showing for our little chin wag. I am certainly glad that Dave and Pete came with their first gens.. Brings back memories of mine and what started it all.

Blew me over to see VonTrapp again, great to see you again my friend as well as many of the regulars from the DieselRam group.

We should set up more of the "socials" for us old timers..LOL Not every meet needs a dyno but it is fun for entertainment.

I will try and muster up some tags for the new arrivals and don't be shy to bring yours along if you already have one.

Thanks!

J-eh
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by ccmckee
Yes it wasa great day for a drive and a chinwag, good to see Homestead again and the rest of the crew .
I dunno Mike , the new truck is all stock.
Thanks Joe i will probably take you up on that offer like you said it's not a question if bu t when will it fail.
I had a quick look at your truck, I wasn't sure if it was stock or not, you never lifted the hood on the truck. Sure a nice ride buddy.

I like the fact that your 03 has a 6 speed and the leather. Looks to be in decent shape.

I just have a programmer on my 10 truck. Its been enough truck for what I use it for. Basically I just use the programmer to turn-off the emission stuff, plus add a little power. Its not fast but tows my RV really decently.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 AM

I've got a TST box for it siting on the bench at home just need a day off to get it in.Otherwise it is bonestock!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM

wish i would have got there, but had lunch plans with my girlfriends family for her birthday, kind of figured i would have got shot if i ended up at timmys for a visit . I'll have to make the next one, as long as mike brings his '10 then he and I can be in the running for the closest to stock truck haha
Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
The Guru

One day we are going to have to line up the 6.7L 3rd gen vs the 6.7L 4th gen and see which truck is faster

We talked about going to Race City or Castrol raceway for an evening. Have to wait and see if it pans out.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ccmckee
I've got a TST box for it siting on the bench at home just need a day off to get it in.Otherwise it is bonestock!

Chris, interesting choice going with the TST module.

That module has been around for quite awhile, improved & updated over the years. Great for towing with the in cab controls & the EGT feedback protection.
Plus it has the ability to put out huge power once all the support upgrades are in place.
It is quite intrusive though as it intercepts nearly all the ECU engine controls. Hence all the cables.

I think you mentioned on Saturday that you have the model with the built in pyro & boost gauges?

You may want to consider a low side (lift pump) fuel pressure gauge also.

Let the modding begin!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Yeah i got the full meal deal instead of running guages, i need the old farts grab handle on the pillar .The TST box came highly reccomended by some one i trust down in the states that knows a thing or two about these trucks.

I was just thinking about the fuel pressure guage on the way home last night Joe, debated with myself about going with a mechanical or electrical, it is a longer drive home now .
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
One day we are going to have to line up the 6.7L 3rd gen vs the 6.7L 4th gen and see which truck is faster

We talked about going to Race City or Castrol raceway for an evening. Have to wait and see if it pans out.
Sounds fun to me, i'll try just about anything once with the ole girl, i'll get my built in ecxuse warmed up now and say that the added resistance and weight of 2 more tires is what slowed me down
Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2006BLKMegacab
Sounds fun to me, i'll try just about anything once with the ole girl, i'll get my built in ecxuse warmed up now and say that the added resistance and weight of 2 more tires is what slowed me down
Thats no excuse, we all know duallies are faster.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:11 AM

I will try and muster up some tags for the new arrivals and don't be shy to bring yours along if you already have one.
What do you mean by tags and sounds like you guys had one heck of a good meet sorry I wasn't able to make er

Quick Reply: ABDTR#5 Spring GTG - April 9 - Red Deer