4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

'Nother new guy

Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Nother new guy

I just bought a 2011 3500 with the Cummins, and wondered what is it that makes many of the posters on this board refer to theirs as 2011.5. Did Dodge make a change to the Cummins at some point during the year to get it to the 800 foot pounds of torque number that they are trying to advertise for the '12s? If yes (or no), how would I know if I have one?

2nd topic. I see numerous postings saying that doing a Delete may void the warranty. A friend also told me that the latest on this is that Dodge would have to PROVE that your reprogramming caused damage to void the warranty. What is the latest? And if I reprogrammed back to factory settings, would they still be able to detect that I had reprogrammed?

Last question (for now...). My manual says discusses TPMS. But the first paragraph says "2500 only." I assume that meant just for the stuff in that para. Assuming that I do have TPMS, what pressure will set off the idiot light on my dash. And what do you guys recommend for daily driver tire pressures. My door tag says 70 psi up front, and 65 in the back. I didn't see other values, but those seem awfully high, and I'm wondering if those are for when I have a load on. But if that's true, are the TPMS settings just for when I don't?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I have already gleaned some good info from this board (especially being able to roll down my windows when I unlock with the remote), and will have many more questions in the future.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:37 PM

Congrats on the new truck, as far as I know the 3500 does not have tpms (over 10,000 gvw), as far as deletes I've heard many different things, just hope I never need the warrenty to find out. All I know is the deletes make it a whole new truck!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM

Thanks ARTL. I guess that makes sense, though I would still like to know when I'm getting low. Also, if I am going to run those pressures, I need to go get me a reliable pressure gauge that goes that high...my Harley one only goes to 60!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
11.5 refers to the HO motor with 800 lbft of torque.

they can and will void warranty because removing emissions equipment that was installed from the factory is for "OFFROAD USE ONLY" and therefore they do not have to prove anything because we all know including them to do deletes, you have to run a programmer/tunner to shut such systems off in the ECM. doing so we all know we get better mileage, oil stays cleaner longer etc but with EPA crawling up the manufactures backsides with emense pressure, all it takes is a click of a mouse and your warranty is gone (engine,trans)

and yes. TPMS is only on 2500 and smaller trucks.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the poop cbrahs.

More questions though now...

"11.5 refers to the HO motor with 800 lbft of torque"

Does that means by owner enhancement (Smarty jr., or other upgrade)? Or did they achieve that at Dodge halfway through the model year? And if Dodge did it, how do I know if I'm one of the lucky ones? I just got mine, but that doesn't mean that it is recently off the assembly line...

And yes, I did figure out that the 70 (front) and 65 (back) psi sticker was talking about heavy load. Light load is still 65 up front and 40 in the rears.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Nukespank
Thanks for the poop cbrahs.

More questions though now...

"11.5 refers to the HO motor with 800 lbft of torque"

Does that means by owner enhancement (Smarty jr., or other upgrade)? Or did they achieve that at Dodge halfway through the model year? And if Dodge did it, how do I know if I'm one of the lucky ones? I just got mine, but that doesn't mean that it is recently off the assembly line...

And yes, I did figure out that the 70 (front) and 65 (back) psi sticker was talking about heavy load. Light load is still 65 up front and 40 in the rears.
The HO is a factory setup. It would be signified by the High Output Cummins badge on the tailgate.

Your dually does not (thankfully) have TPMS. Thank the Good Lord.... That crap is a pain in the rear.

And,

Welcome to the DTR. Post pics of that new rig or face the consequences!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Pictures...finally!

Sorry, here are the only pics I have so far...
Attached Thumbnails 'Nother new guy-ka-chow.jpg   'Nother new guy-both-front.jpg   'Nother new guy-both-back-left.jpg   'Nother new guy-both-back-right.jpg  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 PM

And yeah...not so much on the HO.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
That thing is beautiful.

I want those alcoa wheels so bad I can taste it.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Laramie Longhorns are very tempting....LOL Payments stink though.....
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice truck you got there! All valid questions, don't be afraid to ask any of that stuff!

Cheers and welcome!