4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Most necessary upgrades for a 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I think I can... I think...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most necessary upgrades for a 2010

Ok I'm considering a 2010 Mega and was wondering what everyone would consider to be weak points in these trucks.
Should I drop in a stronger TC?
Airdog fuel pump?
Boost fooler?
Exhaust system/DPF delete?
Programmer?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:15 PM

From what I'm reading, these trucks have just now hit dealer lots and you're already worried about weak points and what to upgrade? Do you have the kind of money where you don't need to worry about warranty? Put up pics when you do get one!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by R6Luver
From what I'm reading, these trucks have just now hit dealer lots and you're already worried about weak points and what to upgrade? Do you have the kind of money where you don't need to worry about warranty? Put up pics when you do get one!
I'm not talking about bombing the truck just tweaking it a bit.
Things that can be put back to stock with little effort just in case I need to take it in for warranty work.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM

The mega won't be out till next year. Just looked at a crew cab and it had tons of room in the rear.

don't know of any performance mods out yet but lifts and stuff should be the same since they didn't change the frame. The sales guy was knowledgable and he went over some of the improvements such as injector events from 09 to 2010 and that makes me think the 09 programmers might not work.

I looked at the stock suspension and they changed a couple things from my 07. Most notably beefier components up front and tubular lower control arms.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
The mega won't be out till next year. Just looked at a crew cab and it had tons of room in the rear.
Hmmmm
I've seen (At least online) several 2010 Mega Cabs in the DFW and Houston area.
Dallas Dodge Chrysler Jeep
Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney
Tomball Dodge Chrysler Jeep
San Marcos Chrysler Dodge
Old 12-13-2009, 09:50 PM

Wow, sales guy lied to me I guess. He told me I could order one but it won't be in till next year because there are none out yet.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 PM

Wow, sales guy lied to me I guess. He told me I could order one but it won't be in till next year because there are none out yet.
He probably wanted you to buy what they had on the lot.
That or he just didn't know better.
Sometimes those sales guys only know what the boss tells them.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:18 PM

He actually told me it would be like feb/march before they came in but I was saying I wanted a DRW mega this go around.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:26 AM

talked to two dealers. I am waiting for mine to be build and delivered which will be very soon. He says there should be rebates out around the 15th of this month. My other local dealer where i have been looking and pricing one says there wont be any rebates, however they came off price about $5000. Trying to figure out the game here. If one dealer isnt gettign rebates and coming down $5k, then if rebates do come out, theoretically it could be on top of this$5k. Unless the dealer already is pricing this rebate and not saying there is one. ???????????????
Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by djcheez
talked to two dealers. I am waiting for mine to be build and delivered which will be very soon. He says there should be rebates out around the 15th of this month. My other local dealer where i have been looking and pricing one says there wont be any rebates, however they came off price about $5000. Trying to figure out the game here. If one dealer isnt gettign rebates and coming down $5k, then if rebates do come out, theoretically it could be on top of this$5k. Unless the dealer already is pricing this rebate and not saying there is one. ???????????????
Bingo!!!!
A buddy of mine was in auto sales for about 6 months, his sales manager would tell them about the rebates and inform them not to mention them to the buyer. This way it looks like they're giving an awesome deal on the vehicle. Then if the customer mentions the rebate he was to say, "Oh that's with the rebate." He quit the job because of the complete dishonesty that they were pushing him into.
He said that he'd rather be able to sleep at night than to be able to eat.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM

You can look on edmunds and see there are no rebates right now. If they come down 5K on the trucks then i really expect these trucks to be priced like the old ones... where you can walk in and ask for big $$ off and still make the deal.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:11 PM

You can look on edmunds and see there are no rebates right now. If they come down 5K on the trucks then i really expect these trucks to be priced like the old ones... where you can walk in and ask for big $$ off and still make the deal.
The internet sales manager in Tomball offered the white two/tone truck to me for 47,009 in an email today without me even asking for anything.
I told him that if it didn't have that funky Ford looking tan paint on the bottom I'd be willing to negotiate that price.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM

what was the sticker price?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by djcheez
what was the sticker price?
$50,785.00
That"s almost 4K off. I'd like to see more!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
$50,785.00
That"s almost 4K off. I'd like to see more!!
the question is soem sort of rebate to dealer, or is this just part of teh markup? If dodge does coem in and over incentives of $3500 or so, then this wouldnt be bad, youd have 7-9k off which makes it more respectable

Quick Reply: Most necessary upgrades for a 2010