4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Invoice

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerith
Awesome. You shop smartly. Isn't it great when you see some dedication and that extra step occasionally? I tried that yesterday for a past customer.

To the annoyance of the service manager, I look into complaints seriously.

Here's another reason why I didn't mind paying a tad more than what Smith might have done...
I told the dealer to get me tires that I neglected to notice weren't LT series - so max inflate was only 35psi and they were mushy under such a heavy truck. But soundling like I knew what I was doing, they did as I asked, installed them as requested, and then realized there was no way they could in all good conscience let me drive the thing with underated tires!
So they dismounted the tires they had previously mounted, balanced and installed, and sent them back, getting the LT series instead, mounting, balancing and installing those. No restocking fee, altho I had offered to pay it, and no charge for all the additional labor plus the resetting the CAN to the largest size tire - all with only cost plus ten percent. Oh yes, they also paid for a rental (truck - Chev, yuck) for four days. And since they sold and installed the tires, I get a 24 mos. road hazard warranty that's not offered by Nitto.
Would I get this service had I paid rock-bottom - I don't know...but I do know I am a customer for life of this dealer now.

Now for those of you doing the math and knowing how low a price I paid for the truck too, there is some fine print...I sold this dealer three different used vehicles in a week, one which went to another dealer in the family and two which they moved in less than a week. Separate deals, and they likely had a nice margin of a couple grand on the two units I sold them they sold on their lot - so they aren't losing money on me yet...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

ARRRGG! I lost a long response. Must.. be.. care..full... of what.. I.. click!

So anyways.

Ramtradxb's post...
Would I get this service had I paid rock-bottom - I don't know...but I do know I am a customer for life of this dealer now.

That sort of loyalty can be earned, and lost in one conversation. But way to go for recognizing those efforts. Repeating things like that, in places like this, is the best cheapest advertising a dealership can ever buy.

Regarding the incentives. We are currently getting hosed up here in Can. The best deal is on the Town & Countries currently. 8K off. We have never seen a factory incentive that large on that van. We've been watching it for nearly three years. Plus zero percent on 3 years. Had to jump at it. Our truck incentives are between $3500 and $6250, depending on the model.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM

Arrow Price Canada

I paid 56,850 Canadian, all in for a Diesel 2500 Laramie with no Sun Roof and no nav, Is this a good price, kinda have remorse when I saw the exchange on the US dollar.

Thanks,

Last edited by Reuter; 04-22-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Name
Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 PM

On the rare occasion that I buy a new vehicle I go to whatever dealer will sell to me at the lowest price. I hate when the sales guy tries to say they can't stay in business selling that cheap(a few hundred under invoice). I think it's no secret that the sales department at a dealership makes little to no money, it's the service department that is the cash cow for any dealership.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Reuter
I paid 56,850 Canadian, all in for a Diesel 2500 Laramie with no Sun Roof and no nav, Is this a good price, kinda have remorse when I saw the exchange on the US dollar.

Thanks,
Reuter - probably best not to ask that question, as knowing anything different will only upset you and there's not much you could do about it now anyway...
I didn't think so originally, but now I am convinced the incentives are going to increase in value making the trucks less costly to get into - I won't pay attention because all it will do is make me wish I'd waited, and when I drive it, I'm glad I didn't wait. (FYI - I have all options except ventilated seats incl heated rears, rear entertainment center, and the sun roof, and I paid under $50K)

2010 2500 Laramie 4WD longbed.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM
DJM

MY local dealer is accepting orders for 2010's until May 15th at invoice. They still get the $1200 holdback so it's not like they are losing money on the deal. Plus I'm a repeat customer and a regular service customer, which is where they really make their money.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:16 AM

Reuter: That seems about right. Can you tell us what the posted MSRP was? Sounds like the dealer maybe made $1.5K. VIN? I can check some other stuff if you want. A dealer can't get the true invoice on other dealers stock, but we can get a copy of the original factory order copy when we do vehicle locates for stock. Its a roll of the dice though.

DJM : Yea, its final buildout. May and June will be the two final months where they finish up the last of the 2010's. The first 2011's should be the 4500/5500 CC's, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Many models will still be arriving into December.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:21 PM

Jerith 66,040 MSRP

The dealer put on Mopar running boards and mudflaps with the Chrom Ram Symbol.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:03 PM

Reuter: It looks like not a bad deal.

To compare, I have a '10 3500 Laramie 4X4. CDN MSRP is $65,790. Invoice is $59,007. $6783 difference. I aim for $2000. So $61,000. For the past few years all the incentives went directly to the unit as a after tax rebate or a before tax discount.

Current incentive for western Canada on that truck is $3000 before tax (it was only $2500 last month) discount, and $500 after tax bonus cash. So that washes out to $3450 discount. $57550? Compared to $56850, a $700 difference (golly, the exact amount of hold back). Your MSRP was only $250 more than mine. So you actually got your truck for... $1300? Then they also gave you maybe $400 of Mopar stuff (or more). They may be a group 3 or 4 dealer but the current volume bonus would pay maybe $1500 per unit after the first 20 or 50 are sold non-retroactively, depending on the dealer size.

So they captured what I aim to get. You probably did about as good as you could. The other dealers taking orders at invoice are banking on bonus. A question I have is do they get the incentives too? Like, they'll show the invoice and you pay the invoice. They may have put the price higher to eat the incentives and maintain their deal. Depending on the monthly incentives anyone placing orders might be able to get a better price in the future. See where I'm going?

Figuring out a price is such a fluid, changing, responsive process. It mostly hinges on the receptiveness of the shopping public of the latest advertised incentive programs. Late 2008 seemed to be the start of the trend to stretch incentive programs to two and three months even if it wasn't planned. Or is planned in secret. There has been a program in the planning stages for the past two months. I think it will be focusing on the gas 2500's. They forced all dealers to order at least one (I already have 2 on the lot in case of fleet needs.). I think the push on Jeep is to continue too. Currently there are multiple programs. Some blanket the fleet, some target certain models, and currently the Jeeps have one just for them. Like the Grand Cherokee. Consumer cash $5750(#102W05), plus Bonus Cash $500(#1045B), plus Jeep Bonus Cash $1000(#1018D), plus 0% for three years. Look at me, I'm advertising for free.. sheesh. :P

So in the end, you didn't pay too much, in my opinion (with the details I have to work with.).

Lovin' the truck?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
DJM

My recent experience was that the dealer,a small local dealer, will order a vehicle & sell it at the invoice price. He prints out the ordering invoice which shows the MSRP and the FWP (invoice), the HB (hold back) and intermingling enough it also shows the EP (employee price).

The cost to the customer, in this case me, is the invoice price, & NJ sales tax, & registration, minus the current 1,000 rebate. I am guaranteed the current rebate even if rebates are not in effect at the time of delivery. Additionally, if there are any additional programs instituted and in effect when I take delivery I receive them also.

I found it interesting that the cost of 5.5 gallons of fuel does not show up on the MSRP but is included in the invoice, $15.00, as does a NJ cost surcharge of $132.00.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:35 PM

DJM: Excellent. Nothing underhanded. Looks like about the best deal next to losing money on the truck. They probably depend and function on the bonuses. Which if they make that work, great!

Other ads we get here beyond the invoice is a Federal A/C tax of $100, a Green Levy depending on the type of Hemi it has, and a PPA assessment of $75. I'm not sure of what that is anymore. Guess I should learn again. We have the fuel listed on our invoices. Some as 22 liters, others using 5.5 gallons. No amount listed next to those. Plus of course the destination charge. It is usually $1400 on the trucks. All technically not part of the price of the truck, but expected to be included. This is where some dealers like to remove the window sticker, put up their own showing a price without destination or mentioning that it already has metal shields for its caliper pins on the rear brakes, some undercoat, locking lug nuts, nitrogen in the tires, maybe flaps... all which is extra over top on the price of the -truck- only. But you start your math with what you see. Just not how it should go. I get some customers from a dealership who does that, a city away.

Do you guys get your hands on the VIP sheet? Its the 2 page list of standard features, and selected options. There are some really odd things like tracking for a part but it is all informative to read. Any dealership can print those off for any VIN.