4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Entertainment/Nav system ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entertainment/Nav system ?'s

My rig has the RBZ unit installed. One of the biggest surprises is that it displays absolutely no song, artist or album information, ever. Regardless if I'm listening to the radio or sat. I have not played any of my own music on it yet.

Secondly is the odd behavior of my android phone (samsung acclaim) and the UConnect system. I've paired them up and when I get in the truck and start moving, I see the little phone icon on the bottom of the screen yet when I hit the phone button, nothing happens. I can push it a bunch of times and nothing happens. Then all of a sudden, something happens and it goes into phone VR mode yet the phone doesn't show as connected up. And occasionally, it WILL show the phone as connected but as my voice comes over the speaker saying the name of my phone, it might get halfway thru and stop. Then the unit seems to lock of for a minute. I can press Cancel and nothing will happen immediately. Eventually it goes back to the radio. It's all very odd behavior to be sure.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM

I have the same problems with Uconnect. It sucks bawls. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, it will take up to 2 minutes to connect with the truck once I get in. I am very displeased with the Uconnect to far. My truck is about a month old now.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
the majority of the problems we see at the dealership are peoples phones themselves. its not all cases but it is a lot.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:20 PM

cb: That's what I was thinking as the Acclaim should be referred to by it's nickname 'laim But the idea that I can push the button a bunch and not have anything happen has me perplexed.... Perhaps it's busy trying to get the 'laim to connect up.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Chapter President

i have had a couple moments of retardedness with my phone. mostly when I am on a call and get in the truck and start and the truck takes over. hesitates for a couple seconds then all good. couple times slow to pair but always have had good luck with it (motorola droid 2)
Old 05-19-2011, 12:29 PM

I've had that happen to me. Problem is, I've had it drop connection to the phone in the middle of a call leaving me to dig out my phone only to have it come back afgain
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Mine works great, I have a DroidX and the Uconnect works smooth as silk.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:20 PM
I think I can... I think...

I keep my uconnect turned off. We tried it on the wife's Challenger but I didn't care for it. Seemed a pain to try to take a call privately.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
I keep my uconnect turned off. We tried it on the wife's Challenger but I didn't care for it. Seemed a pain to try to take a call privately.

What are you trying to hide?? LOL
Old 05-19-2011, 02:21 PM

It's gotta be my phone. I just went out for lunch and got diesel ($3.89 A GALLON!?!?!?!?!?) and the phone was nearly locked up thru most of it. I ended up taking the battery out to shut it down....
Old 05-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by xp8103
It's gotta be my phone. I just went out for lunch and got diesel ($3.89 A GALLON!?!?!?!?!?) and the phone was nearly locked up thru most of it. I ended up taking the battery out to shut it down....

$3.89 is Cheap!! Here it just came down to $4.17 was $4.29 for a long time.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
What are you trying to hide?? LOL
Actually just trying to be polite with my passengers.
I have a pet peeve when it comes to cell phone etiquette.
I don't want to hear the personal conversations of other and figure they don't want to hear mine.
Things that drive me nuts:
  • those push to talk guys that use their walkies in stores restaurants etc..
  • folks on their phones while eating out.
  • in line at the grocery store.
  • hardware store. what ever.
I have a sister-in-law who thinks she's so important that it's ok to go out to dinner and make her companions sit through the whole meal while she's on the phone. She even looks at me strange when I get up from the table on those rare occasions that I feel I need to answer during dinner.
She was on the phone at the families Christmas dinner. Every one of us got to sit through the whole conversation which lasted about 30 min.s AND it was all B/S anyway!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
$3.89 is Cheap!! Here it just came down to $4.17 was $4.29 for a long time.
I'm seein 3.84 today!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
Actually just trying to be polite with my passengers.
I have a pet peeve when it comes to cell phone etiquette.
I don't want to hear the personal conversations of other and figure they don't want to hear mine.
Things that drive me nuts:
  • those push to talk guys that use their walkies in stores restaurants etc..
  • folks on their phones while eating out.
  • in line at the grocery store.
  • hardware store. what ever.
I have a sister-in-law who thinks she's so important that it's ok to go out to dinner and make her companions sit through the whole meal while she's on the phone. She even looks at me strange when I get up from the table on those rare occasions that I feel I need to answer during dinner.
She was on the phone at the families Christmas dinner. Every one of us got to sit through the whole conversation which lasted about 30 min.s AND it was all B/S anyway!

find her phone and yank the battery and throw it as far as you can. thats bs and very rude
Old 05-19-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
find her phone and yank the battery and throw it as far as you can. thats bs and very rude
You don't even know the half of it!!! She's a walking talking Succubus!!
But that's another discussion all together.

Quick Reply: Entertainment/Nav system ?'s