4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Buckets vs. Bench

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buckets vs. Bench

I'm getting ready to drop some dough on a 2500 HD 6.7. But I can't decide between the leather buckets verses the leather bench. I've had several trucks with buckets and I'm thinking that not having the bucket seats with the air is no big deal...anybody have any thoughts either way?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 PM

i like bench because u can put ur b**** in the middle lol
Old 03-16-2010, 11:24 PM
edc

seat confusion

(I lifted this comment I made in another thread as it seemed to apply here also)
Prior to ordering my truck I went through a lot of confusion on the seat options. I think I finally understand it or at least I hope I do.

1)bucket vs bench seats is the first point of confusion, in reality (e.g. SLT cloth seats) you get the same driver and passenger seats, same comfort etc, but the "bucket" option has the large console in the middle and the "bench" option has the seating surface in the middle with the fold down console etc. The seats are the same in either case. The seating area in the middle on the bench version would work OK for a little kid (who shouldn't be in the front) or for a small adult on a short trip --- it does give the opportunity for the passenger to get closer to the driver for those cases where that offers improved opportunities ---best stop there.

2) other than Laramie, all passenger seats are manually adjustable without lumbar control, bench or bucket.

3)on the Laramie, the "bucket" option is packaged with the venilated leather seats in front (heated and cooled) and the rear seats are heated. The "bench" option has leather seats in front (again they are really bucket seats), they are not venilated but both are heated, and the passenger side has power adjustments and lumbar. The back seats are not heated.

I went with the standard leather "bench" on the Laramie to avoid the venelated leather seats and I liked the looks and design of the folding center console/storage areas over the huge bucket option console. I did not care about heated rear seats so that was not a loss to me. It seems overly confusing and took several calls and trips to different dealers to see all the different choices. I called the Dodge info numbers and the people I talked to several months ago didn't have a clue either.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 PM

Buckets in ours and we wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have to ride with my knees beside my ears while she is driving.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by RoyM
Buckets in ours and we wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have to ride with my knees beside my ears while she is driving.
Ummmm...the "bench" seat is split. Each side can be slid forward or backwards independent of the other.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Bench. More utility.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:29 AM
edc

Originally Posted by Jaxom
Ummmm...the "bench" seat is split. Each side can be slid forward or backwards independent of the other.
Correct, in fact as I said before, they are the same seats. The "bucket" and "bench" both have the same independent seats that most would call bucket seats with the only difference being what is independently mounted between them. In my view, a true bench seat is not offered.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:58 PM

I was told that in the Laramie you get a 10 way adjustible seat if you get bucket/console in the middle and only get a 6 way adjustible seat if you go with the bench seat. I went with the bench seat option cause I need to be able to carry that 6th person at times. Also my passenger likes to lay down at times on long trips.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM
edc

10 way on the driver side, 6 way on the passenger side -- bench or bucket.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 AM

was that a statement of what you get? or was that a question?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 AM

My Laramie 2010 has the bench seat. It has a 10 way driver's seat and a 6 way passenger seat.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned

I have bench-but would prefer bucket-regardless of the actuall seat shape/size, i like the full center console & think it feels more "cozy" than an open/empty bench seat.
My bench has that fold down console-that in reality-never lifts up. No one in my family/friends would/could sit on the boat seat. Not very safe, not very comfortable.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 PM

After sitting in both, I chose bench (altho I wanted ventilation) because when driving my accelerator knee would rub on the console - and as said, the "bench" seats are more of a bucket than earlier gen's. (nice side bolstering)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Automatic trans With the buckets you get a consol and Shifting in it correct....Bench seat shift is on coloum, correct?
I am ordering Laramie with buckets want concol and floor shift
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
there is no floorshift auto. auto is on the column, floor is a manual trans.

Quick Reply: Buckets vs. Bench