4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2013 Ram Help needed with Tow/Haul Switch Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Ram Help needed with Tow/Haul Switch Panel

Last week on my way to a race in Denton, the switch panel just above the center console went dead.

It is a 2013 Ram Laramie 2500 Diesel. The switch panel is below the HVAC controls and it has switches for the heat/cool seats, engine brake, tow/haul, park sense ect.....

I noticed it just after loading the car in the trailer, but figured it just needed to reboot. With the UCONNECT® 8.4AN/RA4 system, sometimes it acts a little funny and if it shut the truck off and restart it reboots and all is well. Has been that way since new.

It looks like it may have a blown fuse, but I cannot figure out which one. The descriptions in the owners manual do not specifically name this panel.

The panel is completely dead. The switch panels nightime/backlights don't even come one with the headlights.

Another symptom is the AM radio does not work, but all other FM/iPod/CD/XM ect all work just fine. Yesterday, it also flashed a message on the dash to bring the truck in for service because the "Vehicle Phone Requires Service." But the blue tooth setup for my cell phone is still working fine...

Anyone have any idea which fuse I should check? I used a test light on the fuse panel under the hood, but not all of the fuses are powered up all the time, so several had no power on either terminal.

I have another long haul next weekend for another race and really do not like pulling my 28' car hauler without engine braking and tow/haul mode working. Fortunately the trailer breaks do work even with the switch panel inop.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Dave
Old 05-29-2015, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow 243 views with not one comment.

Just to keep everyone informed I just picked up my Ram from the dealership and it turns out that the " 4692269AI Battery Sensor" was the problem. The tech notes said that it was open internally causing no communication in the LIN Buss circuit. They replaced it and now my switch panel is working as it should. Nice to have TOW/Haul and engine breaking again....

Getting discouraged with this one. Under 44k miles and so far it has had 4 recalls, and still has some problems.

While it was in they repaired the leaking pinion seal, and axle seal that was spewing diff fluid.

AM radio is also out a "must for Houston Traffic." Turns out it is an internal radio failure and the whole radio will need to be replaced. They ordered a new one. I am sure glad I bought the extended warranty........

-Dave
Old 05-29-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTSDave
Wow 243 views with not one comment.

Just to keep everyone informed I just picked up my Ram from the dealership and it turns out that the " 4692269AI Battery Sensor" was the problem. The tech notes said that it was open internally causing no communication in the LIN Buss circuit. They replaced it and now my switch panel is working as it should. Nice to have TOW/Haul and engine breaking again....

Getting discouraged with this one. Under 44k miles and so far it has had 4 recalls, and still has some problems.

While it was in they repaired the leaking pinion seal, and axle seal that was spewing diff fluid.

AM radio is also out a "must for Houston Traffic." Turns out it is an internal radio failure and the whole radio will need to be replaced. They ordered a new one. I am sure glad I bought the extended warranty........

-Dave
I also had a problem with my radio system down in Yuma and had it replaced under warranty. It turns out they put a refurbished radio back in and it appears it is allowed.
I am back in Canada now but I still have problems with my radio dropping the signal when in satellite and there are no buildings or trees to block signal. I have had Sirius refresh my signal twice to no avail. My 2010 Ram radio was faultless.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2013 2500 Laramie (70000) and it has been to the shop LOTS!!! In shop now! I can't remember how many times that is has had the computer reflashed.
Its getting the exhaust filter replaced now and this is the second time for that. Gauge cluster replaced twice, Radio replaced once, back up camera replaced once.
Not happy with this truck at all!!!
Problem is if not a RAM then what a FORD?