4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2013 3500 Diesels

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 3500 Diesels

I have not looked at a 2013 1 ton diesel yet but did check out prices on the net through my local dealer and just about fell over when I saw the price of a fully loaded dually listed at 87 grand with a rebate of 7 grand, to bring the price to 80 grand.

I know the sales manager so I dropped in to see why the price was so high and he tells me that it is due to the new transmission and engine. A SRW is 85 grand.

I think I will be keeping my 2010 for many years.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not buy a US model?

Taxes?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=Rednecktastic;3194411]Why not buy a US model?

Taxes?[/QUOTE

Warranty, anything goes wrong and they will not recognize a US warranty this side of the border.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I will never, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER

complain about how much I paid for my truck , or how much money I've invested in it to make it what it is today.

$87k ???? That's simply crazy !
Is that US dollars ? IF not, that's still $84k or so.. USD

Dodge's website says they start at $29K
Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 AM

I think US and Canadian currency is pretty even right now, so that would be about the same as US dollars.

Yeah I'd buy the truck in the US and not worry about the warranty. For $30000 you can buy a lot of repairs. Buy a spare parts truck...

I am very willing to bet it is more of a Tax issue though. I know getting stuff to my brother in the EU is kinda weird, they will open packages and charge tax on the stuff, etc. Very protectionist.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
I will never, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER

complain about how much I paid for my truck , or how much money I've invested in it to make it what it is today.

$87k ???? That's simply crazy !
Is that US dollars ? IF not, that's still $84k or so.. USD

Dodge's website says they start at $29K
That is Cdn dollars and right now our dollar is around 96 cents to the US dollar.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
I think US and Canadian currency is pretty even right now, so that would be about the same as US dollars.

Yeah I'd buy the truck in the US and not worry about the warranty. For $30000 you can buy a lot of repairs. Buy a spare parts truck...

I am very willing to bet it is more of a Tax issue though. I know getting stuff to my brother in the EU is kinda weird, they will open packages and charge tax on the stuff, etc. Very protectionist.
We would have to pay 5% at the border which is called GST. There are some Provinces that are way higher because of their Provincial sales tax. We don't have that here in Alberta, just the 5%.

I might also add that Cdn models have different options than US models, I can't tell you what they are but there is a difference. This truck I was talking about was a dually, Longhorn with very conceivable option.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Albertaguy
I might also add that Cdn models have different options than US models, I can't tell you what they are but there is a difference. .
Ah yes "the options" for the Canadian market, you must be referring to the block heater cord and the day time running lights. The prices up here are ridiculous, my sons 2013 Laramie listed at $79k and we still don't know if the emission equipment will work in the winter so it might have to be deleted too then the warranty is gone anyway.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:43 PM

I should have ran my 07 up to there to sell it. Clean enough to eat off the motor, suspension done already, new tires, only got 23K for it.

Only thing I see different from just being on this site is they have kilometers on the speedometer and day time running lamps.

I know some guys that have bought in Mexico and they are a little more $ there too and come with some weird options. Cheyanne Chevy was the top of the line on the last one I saw, instead of saying Silverado on the door it said Cheyanne. The chevy comes with the GMC grill on the last model. On the 90s models they couldn't get the aluminum plate across the tailgate on the chevy that said 'CHEVROLET'. Lincoln F150/Lobo with different body work and front end instead of the Platinum. Different axles and brakes on the Dodge trucks. Etc.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Busboy
Ah yes "the options" for the Canadian market, you must be referring to the block heater cord and the day time running lights. The prices up here are ridiculous, my sons 2013 Laramie listed at $79k and we still don't know if the emission equipment will work in the winter so it might have to be deleted too then the warranty is gone anyway.
Nope, a lot more options are put on Cdn vehicles and sold as regular trucks. I checked this out when I was in Yuma last year. The daytime running lights are a turn on using the starscan. Block heater can be added anywhere for cheap.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Albertaguy
Nope, a lot more options are put on Cdn vehicles and sold as regular trucks. I checked this out when I was in Yuma last year. The daytime running lights are a turn on using the starscan. Block heater can be added anywhere for cheap.
I didn't know that about the daytime running lights but I believe that all the
Cummins engines come with a block heater just not all with the electrical cord. As for the speedo I always drive to the GPS seed displayed on the Nav, never look at the speedo.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
"My dealer said" (yeah, I know...) all of the ones sold in the northern states come with the block heater cord. I hear they are $12 at any Cummins shop anyway.

Near the end of the model year, brand new SLT 4x4 crews can be had down here for just under $40k, STs as low as $37k. You guys are getting hosed- eh?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Busboy
I didn't know that about the daytime running lights but I believe that all the
Cummins engines come with a block heater just not all with the electrical cord. As for the speedo I always drive to the GPS seed displayed on the Nav, never look at the speedo.
$$$80,000 PLUS for a truck ---wait 6 months/a year and save a ton if you can live with slightly used.My 07 DRW Mega 5.9 SLT came out of Nevada though a broker/dealer in Vancouver BC back in Dec 2008 with 20,000 miles and all the proper paperwork(just needed a Alberta Provincial Inspection). I brought it back to Alberta for just under 40K with a 2 year warranty(NO WARRANTY FOR USA VEHICLES BROUGHT TO CANADA---YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR ONE IF NEEDED ),total price.Best i could do in Canada was around $55,000 for similar trucks(new was over 60K at the time)-----PS correct, you just need the cord,the block heater is there, at least on mine it was.DW
Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM

Man, that is some kind of expensive! My 2013 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 with just about every conceivable option (that I can find) stickered at $60.5K, and I got it out the door for $48K
Old 07-24-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by yellowhemi
Man, that is some kind of expensive! My 2013 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 with just about every conceivable option (that I can find) stickered at $60.5K, and I got it out the door for $48K
I would really like to know what options you got on your truck. I can't get over what you paid and my quote of 87 grand. I do know that I never really got into a true negotiation but these prices on my end are ridiculous.

Quick Reply: 2013 3500 Diesels