4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2010 Ctd

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Ctd

hi ive been looking at the 2010 ctd's and not to sure if i like the looks of the trucks, i was wondering if anyone has already gotten one and made some mods to it, and if so can you post a pic, also what do you think of the overall performance of the truck. thanks
Old 02-28-2010, 05:44 PM
"DTR's Wormiest Member"

In my opinion it is an exceptional vehicle. The ride quality is exceptional, plenty of power and with a leveling kit and 35 in tires they look pretty good to boot. I've got a few pics posted go check them out. As for as engine mods i am waiting for a smarty.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:29 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm looking at picking up a 2010 CTD in the fall this year. My 04's headlights just plain suck. I've tried different bulbs only with a little improvement. How are the lights at night on the 4th gens? What kind of fuel economy are you guys seeing as well?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
"DTR's Wormiest Member"

Lights are exceptional i drive through the night every other week to get to work and visibility is great. as for as fuel economy i was averaging between 14 and 16 but now that i put 35'' tires on it i am marking 13 according to the dash but then again my spedo is off by 8 mph so i am actually making better then 13. i will have the spedo recalibrated to match the tires within the next few weeks to see just what difference it made.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
"DTR's Wormiest Member"

i will say this also that i have found when the temp goes up the fuel economy gets better i have seen as good as 18 on a warm day.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Headlights are fine @ night so far. I'm getting 13-15 depending on driving conditions.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by roger.t
In my opinion it is an exceptional vehicle. The ride quality is exceptional, plenty of power and with a leveling kit and 35 in tires they look pretty good to boot. I've got a few pics posted go check them out. As for as engine mods i am waiting for a smarty.
Thats one nice looking truck! ya i thought that these new ones would look good with a little lift and bigger tires, but wow the mpg dont sound to impressing but i know thats pretty much with all the new diesels now cause of the emissions and everything. oh and i know about some HID that man are worth the money, and are very easy to install. Its a brand called EFX. i think a smarty is gonna kick some trucks on those 2010's.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
"DTR's Wormiest Member"

Originally Posted by redneck2thamax
Thats one nice looking truck! ya i thought that these new ones would look good with a little lift and bigger tires, but wow the mpg dont sound to impressing but i know thats pretty much with all the new diesels now cause of the emissions and everything. oh and i know about some HID that man are worth the money, and are very easy to install. Its a brand called EFX. i think a smarty is gonna kick some trucks on those 2010's.
As soon as i get it broke in and the smarty comes out for it my truck will have one on it. I get the red *** every time i see it go through a regin cycle. on the instantaneous MPG it will go from 18 or 19 to about 10 mpg. I figure that once i get all of that junk off of it i will not be looking to bad on fuel economy.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:22 PM

As soon as i get it broke in and the smarty comes out for it my truck will have one on it. I get the red *** every time i see it go through a regin cycle. on the instantaneous MPG it will go from 18 or 19 to about 10 mpg. I figure that once i get all of that junk off of it i will not be looking to bad on fuel economy.
ya thats usually the way it goes, i got a buddy that works at southwest research and he said on the 08 and 09 first thing to do was put an exhaust to let that engine breath since they choke em down so much
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 PM

First thing is to remove all that EGR Emissions Stuff ...... exhaust by itself will not work at all. EGR Delete Kit or Unplugging it all will help out allot. The 13 to 15 MPG and $$ over a HEMI is why I went to a HEMI + I do not need the Cummins Power at this time. I love the way the new trucks look and ride. You will be very happy with a new one as long as your state does not require emissions stuff / yearly inspections. Mine does and I just cannot come off the $$ for one....... Really am waiting on the new BIG HEMI in a 2012 Power Wagon
Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
"DTR's Wormiest Member"

Blake and I installed a smarty, EGR deletes and exhaust deletes on his 08 and not to brag about the power increase his fuel millage went up to 22 mpg.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 AM

Blake and I installed a smarty, EGR deletes and exhaust deletes on his 08 and not to brag about the power increase his fuel millage went up to 22 mpg.
not bad! ya thats the things ive been told, i thought bout getting a smarty for the 99 but every1 says that don't mess with it on these older models.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:23 PM

If you pull all the emission junk off won't if void the warrenty? I love the way the new truck drives, but don't like the idea of loosing my mpg's. I get about 19 highway.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:06 PM
"DTR's Wormiest Member"

yep instant warranty void.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
yep instant warranty void.
Not necessarily. It all depends on the dealer and your particular set of circumstances.

Look at what I did to mine with the push button start and they warrantied all kinds of stuff.... powertrain components included.

And I told them exactly what I had done to my truck.

Quick Reply: 2010 Ctd