4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Tuner for 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner for 2012?

Ok so I'm a complete dummy when it comes to diesel trucks, the only info I get is from these message boards. I have read a lot about tuning and deleting your truck. I have 2012 2500 and it only has 20000 miles on it. I really don't want to ruin my warranty so I have ruled out deletes for right now and the price of it is high because finding race tuners is hard. So my question is would it be beneficial to put a street tuner from H&S or Edge on my truck? Will putting these on be hard on transmission? Will it void my warranty? I have read that if you do deletes you should change the head studs, is that something you need to do with these street tuners as well? Thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

Bryan
Old 05-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Check out the sticky at the top of this sub-forum (or click the link: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t-t278158.html ) for everything you need to know.

Just count on it voiding the remainder of your powertrain warranty. I think the general consensus is if you run it on stock power levels you shouldn't need head studs or to worry about your tranny. You do need gauges or a monitor though.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOhappy,

Thanks