4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty Jr Beta Review Part 2 (with deletes)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can the ME version be ran with Just a DPF Delete? just bought the Truck 2 weeks ago and was told that as long as i brought it into my dealer with just the DPF delete pipe on it and the programmer not plugged in they wouldn't void my warranty. So i dont really want to do the EGR/Cooler delete. Could put the different downpipe on though. Have read that the JR will just turn off the EGR functions.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by blitz_81
Can the ME version be ran with Just a DPF Delete? just bought the Truck 2 weeks ago and was told that as long as i brought it into my dealer with just the DPF delete pipe on it and the programmer not plugged in they wouldn't void my warranty. So i dont really want to do the EGR/Cooler delete. Could put the different downpipe on though. Have read that the JR will just turn off the EGR functions.
Yes, you can run the ME with just the dpf delete. I've been running my truck that way for about a month now and really enjoying the MPG gains!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Hey Chris, I'm amazed at the pile of stuff that comes off! What you guys spent a few hours on, would take me a week or more - you all know how to wrench!

Best, Larry
Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the Confirmation. Ended up buying all the parts and peices instead. Is there any change in exhaust noise with the DPF delete and Downpipe and leaving that little thing they are calling a muffler on?
Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blitz_81
Thanks for the Confirmation. Ended up buying all the parts and peices instead. Is there any change in exhaust noise with the DPF delete and Downpipe and leaving that little thing they are calling a muffler on?
more throaty and can definitely hear the turbo and when the brake is on, it sounds like a jet engine. pretty cool.

larry- thanks brother. Done enough of them to get the process down pat
Old 09-23-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
more throaty and can definitely hear the turbo and when the brake is on, it sounds like a jet engine. pretty cool.

One of my buddys calls mine a Mini Kenworth!! LOL Sounds so cool with the brake on.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
One of my buddys calls mine a Mini Kenworth!! LOL Sounds so cool with the brake on.
Is the e-brake louder after the deletes because there is less in the way?

Does it seem any more effective? I like the E-brake and use it all the time.

I wish it would just stay on, remembering to press the button all the time is a pain. A little while ago I rolled about three feet past a stop sign, just becaude I forgot to push the button as I left a store. Of course I should have started stopping sooner, but
Old 09-24-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stargeezer
Is the e-brake louder after the deletes because there is less in the way?

Does it seem any more effective? I like the E-brake and use it all the time.

I wish it would just stay on, remembering to press the button all the time is a pain. A little while ago I rolled about three feet past a stop sign, just becaude I forgot to push the button as I left a store. Of course I should have started stopping sooner, but

Its louder cuz of the stright pipe and the 3 "other" mufflers that fell off LOL.
I don't know if it works better cuz I did not have a lot of Mi on it when i deleted. The sound sure makes it feel better I run mine all the time too.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With the deletes and the OEM muffler still on I don't think the exhaust brake is any louder. Haven't noticed it on my Dad's truck.

MikeyB
Old 09-24-2011, 07:44 PM

Exhaust Brake overide

Stargeezer, check this site out on keeping the eb on. http://carbonitecummins.com/articles.htm

Don
Old 09-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Chapter President

well i was not able to go to El Paso this weekend to get mileage numbers. ended up having kid medical issues and got a skid steer to do some clean up and getting ready to sell the house
Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbord
Stargeezer, check this site out on keeping the eb on. http://carbonitecummins.com/articles.htm

Don

There is also a loooong thread on that right here on our site...

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=exhaust+brake

Removing the two cats and the DPF surely makes a big difference in exhaust tone. From inside the vehicle, not much, but outside is really different. Especially the ExBrake.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
There is also a loooong thread on that right here on our site...

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=exhaust+brake

Removing the two cats and the DPF surely makes a big difference in exhaust tone. From inside the vehicle, not much, but outside is really different. Especially the ExBrake.
Tward the end on that thread, the question is asked if this "will work on a 4th gen?" Mr Blake replies that it will not. Is there any updated info about that approach? I'd do it in the morning if it works.

Larry
Old 09-30-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
well I have the Sinister EGR delete kit and ordering Flo-Pro 5" stainless exh with 6" turndown tip today. Deletes will be done next week along with a couple gauges. Then the review for "ME" will commense

I'm am about to pull the trigger on this combo, but thought I would ask about the tranny. I do not race, and am probably about as easy on a truck as anyone, but are these Aisin trannys holding up to these mods, or do we need to do something to them before adding a tuner? Thanks for the advice.

Spence
Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by spenceharper
I'm am about to pull the trigger on this combo, but thought I would ask about the tranny. I do not race, and am probably about as easy on a truck as anyone, but are these Aisin trannys holding up to these mods, or do we need to do something to them before adding a tuner? Thanks for the advice.

Spence
you won't have a problem if you are easy on the truck. tow on SW2 and daily driving SW3 (thats what I am doing). not having any trans slipping and trans temps are in check when towing

Quick Reply: Smarty Jr Beta Review Part 2 (with deletes)