4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ryno conversion update

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
I'd probably go with a custom flatbed personally. It can eat up some of the body lift.

You would probably be ahead or near even by selling that drw mega bed.

I'd also go to a 19.50 wheel and taller tires.

You can sell what you currently have, I bet someone would buy those dodge aluminum wheels pretty quick.

I'd also put some type of running board on it to hide the frame so it's less obvious.

Just bouncing some ideas out there.
I've wondered about the custom towing beds - I have not seen any online pricing to use for evaluation, but it would be nice. I like the look of the 19.5's I've seen and I really like the Michlien 19.5 tires I have on my 16k lb motorhome. They perform great on it.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Nice flatbeds here, http://www.800toolbox.com/
Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Hi Gang,

It's been a while since my last update, but I hadn't heard anything from Ryno either. Today I called to check on things and was told that the floor in back in place and the split driveshaft is finished. They are now just waiting on a few more parts to tie things up. With any sucess, they hope to have it on the way to me in a couple weeks. I'm waiting for some pics of the progress and as soon as I get those I'll see if I can post them for you all.

Be Well All,
Larry
Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 AM

New Update!

Hi Gang, I received some pics of my truck from Ryno today. It's looking pretty good as they make the push to the finish in a week or so.

The truck is heading off for it's new drive shaft. I'm not too sure exactly what is being changed but I suppose it's because of the lift. They have done both a body and chassis lift to make room for everything.

To me it looks a little funny - I may "need" bigger tires and wheels! Don't know that I want to do that, I'll have to find something that will close up a little of the wheelwell gap - man it's big!

I also doubt that the husky mudflaps I ordered are going to work - I think I'm going to need something a little longer......

Here is the new side view;

For reference - the front bumper is 22 inches, the rear is 30 inches and the frame rails are at 24 inches. I hope that when the lift is mounted to the bottom of the truck, I have 12 inches of clearence. Not much for such a high stepper, but it is what it is and the state of illinois won't let it go higher.

Rear View:

And a couple of the inside;

What do you think???? Does anybody need a meagcab back seat????
Old 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
very nice! I am always happy to see that people with handicaps don't let it control their lives, rather they take the bull by the horns and kick its tail! CONGRATS! and my hats off to you brother. Can't wait to see the pics and if you are ever in NM area, give me a shout!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 AM

Thanks Chris! In fact, we will be there later this year. Don't know when yet. I have to make a run that way for some business.

We lived in ElPaso in the early 90's while I worked at Ft. Bliss, White Sands, Holoman AFB and Sandia.

Man, did I ever rack up the miles out there. I loved the desert, my wife love grass, trees and snow - I love her, so we now live in the police state of illinois.

BTY - I'm a disabled vet too. I took a tumble off a missile launcher 26 years ago next month, thats how I picked up the extra hardware. I've now been out twice as long as I served - never thought I'd say that!!!

Be Well Bro!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
looking forward to you guys coming down and us having some green chili!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM

Looking good, needs BIG tires

Thanks for your service.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:51 PM

I'd go to rickson wheels website and look for some 19.5's and tires in the 35-37 inch range. Or if you really want to get some mileage out of a set of tires maybe look at some 22.5s.

The truck looks good btw. You could probably sell those stock wheels/tires for a pretty good price since they just came out with them.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:20 PM

What do you think???? Does anybody need a meagcab back seat????

I think I'd like one, if it would fit and fold down in my truck, I'm sure the headrest would have to come off but thats no big deal as long as it would fold down flat like it did in your truck, think it would work in a regular crew cab? with some minor bracket changes? or just fit right in? Thats one thing I wish I had got a Mega Cab for was just the back seat. Silly Me Eh?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM

I'd enjoy the life of the 22.5's, but how would that do with the rest of the truck? I do a LOT of RV towing - 10k+ miles a year a year. I really don't want to screw that up.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 PM

I was looking at 5vers today and mentioned to the salesman that the truck was lifted. You would have thought I'd turned into a vampire! He said there was no way I could ever tow a 5'ver with the lift that is on my truck.

Is anybody towing one with a lifted truck?

Maybe I should start a new thread, but this is related (in my feeble mind)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Fifth or bumper pull?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM

How about either one. Does it tow ok or is there stability issues?? That was what he said about travel trailers, and he said Fifth Wheel trailers will bind on the bed.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:27 PM

I would guess it would be easier to do a bumper pull with a lifted truck, that said I'm not a fan of anything bumper pull, I just think fifth/GN ride alot nicer. I'm sure others will have more input

Quick Reply: Ryno conversion update