4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Delete Done, mostly all good :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delete Done, mostly all good :)

So i had some time this afternoon and garage space so in came the truck. I have had the pipe and the smarty jr sitting for a while so i decided to finally take the plunge...
Did the programming first... all good, fuel economy program loaded, codes cleared (more on them later). Started on the exhaust...
Total time to pull wrenches was about 2.5 hrs, but i will admit that a chunk of that was fighting with the rubber hangers to get the orig stuff off the truck. Delete pipe took a little wiggling, but fit in just fine. Bolted up, sensors taped up out of the way and off i go...
For starters this is now a different truck. Wow does this go like hell. Remember i mentioned the codes? Well after some phone calls to some buddies and some research it turns out that if your dpf system on these trucks gets to the point where it says "100% full, engine derated, see dealer", You can drive it and the code goes away, been there done that. but, the derate does not go away until the dealer clears the code (or smarty as it turns out). As i understand it, not all trucks do it, but something to keep in mind.
Anyhow, so far very happy with the results.. couple quick questions maybe someone out there knows the answer to...
I disconnected all the sensors on the dpf and nox sections of pipe (3 sensors) and the 2 pressure lines to the tranny. do i need to disconnect any others? My instructions were not to touch anything under the hood as smarty just turns it all off. but... anything i missed?
As an after note, i keep getting a message that says service air filter soon... the PO put on an aftermarket air filter, so i will dig into that tomorrow, i am thinking it is a sensor hook up issue or a reset thing. Anyone seen it happen? Also.. Tranny shifts a little different now, it felt almost slushy before and now it is firm and clear. just have to get used to it, but i like it better this way...

Anyhow... All done, just a few little odds and ends to clear up and off i go.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep us posted on the fuel milage good or bad!
I have been thinking about the delete but hate to give up a warranty!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since installing my delete, I've seen an increase of 3mpg, which I assume will increase more since the outside temperature is becoming warmer