4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Crank case breather and deletes

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Crank case breather and deletes

Has anyone deleted the breather hose from the valve cover going into the compressor side of the turbo? A puke bottle or just a hose hanging down might work and help keep the compressor side cleaner. Thoughts??
Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't deleted the tube to the compressor yet, but when I do I'll probably use the one Glacier Diesel offers...

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/de...dept_id=67-001
Old 12-31-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 6 Shaker
I haven't deleted the tube to the compressor yet, but when I do I'll probably use the one Glacier Diesel offers...

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/de...dept_id=67-001
Thanks for the link I didn't know about these. When we first started to explore to find out why the truck had lost power we removed the hose from the turbo to inspect it. It was oily and at first I thought it might be leaking. After cleaning we found it was OK and reinstalled it. A couple of days later we had it apart to do the deletes and it was oily again, not as oily as before but it was clear the oil was coming from the vent tube. This closed vent system is a terrible idea and would recommend this even if not doing deletes.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Much as I like Mr Richards stuff just go to Autozone or OReilly and get a small piece of 3/4 hose and a small filter. Plug the other end. Done

Less than 10 bucks.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Much as I like Mr Richards stuff just go to Autozone or OReilly and get a small piece of 3/4 hose and a small filter. Plug the other end. Done
Less than 10 bucks.
I guess I don't get out as much as I used to but I haven't come across a filter like that, I haven't really looked though. We don't get Autozone or OReilly here and being retired I'm kinda out of the loop. Until recently I was trying to keep the 2011 trucks stock but I now realize that's not possible.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
The Guru

I just unplugged my valve cover PCV breather line that goes into the turbo compressor housing. I just left mine to drain along side the engine and I put a plug into the turbo line. Very little oil will drip from that line, so I wouldn't worry about the a oil drips.

I don't even have any breather lines on my 02, it just dumps freely out the gearbox. If you install another filter you risk seal issues (more oil leaks)
Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 AM

This may sound like a stupid question, but do I need a programmer to remove the CCV tube? I don't feel comfortable with it running to the compressor so I was going to just plug it and reroute the hose to the bottom of truck like in my old 03.

So can I just go ahead or is there programming required?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:21 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by redneck1
This may sound like a stupid question, but do I need a programmer to remove the CCV tube? I don't feel comfortable with it running to the compressor so I was going to just plug it and reroute the hose to the bottom of truck like in my old 03.

So can I just go ahead or is there programming required?
Ya go ahead and do it. That what I did. No programmer required.

You should consider removing the air silencer on the suction side of the turbo compressor. It just falls apart throughout the life of the truck and goes into the turbo.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen

You should consider removing the air silencer on the suction side of the turbo compressor. It just falls apart throughout the life of the truck and goes into the turbo.

Great idea, thanks.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Ya go ahead and do it. That what I did. No programmer required.
Spot on

AKA the "whale tongue"