4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2014 EGR/DEF Delete!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2014 EGR/DEF Delete!! HELP

Hey guys I am going to have a DEF(DPF) and EGR delete on my 2014 Cummins 6.7L, This is a manual truck crew cab 8ft bed. Called a few shots and spoke with one that says you need a Bullydog to unlock the ECM w/ unlock cable then EFI Live to run the tune for the exhaust and a delete pipe. I know doing this will void my warranty. There is a shop called Rudys Diesel Performance in Durham N.C. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT !!

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE ME OF PROS VS. CONS OF THIS !!!!!

Old 03-04-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big-Clifford
Hey guys I am going to have a DEF(DPF) and EGR delete on my 2014 Cummins 6.7L, This is a manual truck crew cab 8ft bed. Called a few shots and spoke with one that says you need a Bullydog to unlock the ECM w/ unlock cable then EFI Live to run the tune for the exhaust and a delete pipe. I know doing this will void my warranty. There is a shop called Rudys Diesel Performance in Durham N.C. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT !!

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE ME OF PROS VS. CONS OF THIS !!!!!

Why do you want to delete????? What are you looking for???

I am deleted on my 08 but if I was to buy new the emission compliant system would stay on.

Jim W.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:00 PM

Sound

Mainly for the sound aspect and looks. i dont haul or race with it. just like the noise from the real cummins
Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You want to spend all that money and void your warranty to make it sound better? Just get a dpf back straight pipe from flo pro or one of the exhaust system people.
Just like Jim, I'm deleted on my 08. But I wouldn't mess with a new one if I didn't have too. Also, the 6.7cr Isn't going to sound like a 5.9 if that is what you're looking for.
I know a guy that put a 4in flowmaster single chamber muffler on his 2013 and it sounds pretty awesome. Maybe look into that.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:28 AM

Sound

I spoke a few more shops, they advised me that the muffler/ DPF that is already on there is strait threw. and that if i wanted to delete just the DPF i would need have have the ECM re-programed, and that if you just took it of or put a strait pipe where the DPF is that the engine would just go into limp mode. SO with that being said that, you mite as well just have the whole thing done. Including the EGR. he did say he was worried about the clutch tho with it being stock and running a chip on it.

any of this ( being what the shop(s) said ) sound familiar??
Thanks for your help in advance
Old 03-05-2015, 08:01 PM

Yep, he's right. If you delete any of the emissions equipment you gotta add a programmer such as the raceme or efi live to fool your computer into thinking that junk is still there. And he's right on the clutch too. After I deleted mine I drove it for about a month with the stock clutch. It slipped all the time. even in 6th gear just laying into the throttle to pass on the highway. So I upgraded to a southbend DD3250 dual disc clutch with southbends upgraded hydraulic package.
Goto the thread titled deleting the 4th gen, a guide to making it run right. Blake Clark, a long time member here did an awesome writ eup on how to delete the 6.7 cummins emission junk.
With full deletes and a new clutch, that truck will fell like a whole new beast
The following users liked this post:
truckmen (11-01-2017)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Hardway performance is where to get the efi and everything you need!

My truck is a manual trans and I put a TS Stryker on it. Added around 100 hp and 200 tq. I pull around 40k and have had no problems with the clutch.

Now I'm running something a little stronger...... So far no problems
Old 03-06-2015, 08:21 AM

thanks for the feeback

I plan on doing the bullydog to unlock the ecm then running efi live on the lowest level possible. im soo excited i cant wait.
ima let the stock clutch go until it runs out then ill upgrade it.

any recommendations on the type of clutch up grade is should get for the 2500 6.7L 2014
Old 03-06-2015, 09:50 AM

You will also need to delete the DEF system also.

Plus you are looking at over a grand ($1,000) in modification to do this delete.

4" or 5" exhaust system TB is around $500 to $600.

The EFILive programmer is around $800 plus tune

So good luck

Jim W.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:17 AM

yeah thanks man. they are doing all that for 2450 out the door.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 PM

Dang!!!! Thats a ton of money!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:18 AM

yeah thanks man. they are doing all that for 2450 out the door.
One more thing even when delete the 6.7L Cummins will not sound like a 5.9L Cummins engine. My neighbor and son both have 5.9L Cummins engines and they sound totally different than my 6.7L truck deleted. This is due to the VGT charger and the exhaust brake on the newer trucks.

Sometimes my truck sounds like a high pitch jet engine with the high idle and exhaust brake on.

Jim W.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:36 PM

I got my truck back today!!! AND it sounds nothing short of amazing. I have the engine break on that model. man it sound so good when slowing down. just like a peterbuilt.
very happy with this. shop guy said its on a street tune with 100 hp over stock and that i should leave it until i upgrade the engine and trans/clutch before i switch it to performance witch puts it to 300hp over stock.

Thanks for all the feed back guys. only thing wrong is the traction control light is on. but im not worryed about it.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:37 PM

o yeah it was 2774. out the door :/ dammit but sounds amazing.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:34 AM

o yeah it was 2774. out the door :/ dammit but sounds amazing.
Just the parts cost me 1900, but the shop you got it done has to eat too!

Quick Reply: 2014 EGR/DEF Delete!! HELP