4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2011 6.7L Cummins High Output Tunner???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 6.7L Cummins High Output Tunner???

Ok i bought a 2011.5 cummins with the new HO 800ft-lb tq. Im trying to do my research on getting the dpf,egr/cooler deleted and getting tuner either a H&S mini Maxx or Smarty Jr.

Leaning towards the Smarty Jr. because of the price and i don't want to much HP and TQ just a good clean engine with better gas mileage. So don't need all the guages that the H&S has for the extra 400 bucks.

So my questions is....with getting a new tuner i have the option of the year 2010 to 2011 or 2012 but i would think that the 2011.5 would have a different tuner because of the different setting and the 800lbs tq. I just don't want this tuner to take my truck down to a 600lb and then start tuning from there. Or will the smarty jr reconize the HO engine?
I think i said that right...if anyone understands me?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
No, it doesnt work that way. You truck is a HO version and the Smarty will not change it from that.

Program away with no worries.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the 2011.5 HO and have the smartyjr for the 2010 and up model years #sjr6710me and works great. You will enjoy the deletes, I know my tuck runs a whole lot better with them. good luck
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 AM

Well thanks alot, Bring on the deletes
Old 08-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Fairbank,
Congrats on your ride...I know it's gotta be sweet. You will notice from my sig that I am still running a 3rd Gen, but I love to take a peak at you boys running in the 4th gen arena. They are nice....!
Just a quick heads up/ opinion...I noticed in your original post that you weren't interested in the "additional cost for gauges and such...".
Don't get me wrong, I agree with your decision to go with the Smarty Jr (love mine), I was just curious if you planned to get gauges at all? In short, I find them to be KEY...especially when it comes to the EGTs.
Case in point, I had to turn mine back to stock a couple days ago to get some work done and I couldn't believe the difference the Smarty makes to reduce EGTs (I was seeing temps 200* higher in "stock" opposed to running my Smarty tune with the same driving style).
Point being...even if you weren't planning on running a tuner at all, I would suggest at least an EGT gauge (Ideally, I think they should come stock with an EGT gauge as a minimum).
Please don't think I am trying to step on your toes here (hell, you may know all this and had planned on gauges in the first place...). Again, just wanted to pass this along as a freindly piece of advise.
Enjoy that ride...and let us know what you think of the diffrence the Smarty makes! It's a trip...
Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by cstewart
Fairbank,
Congrats on your ride...I know it's gotta be sweet. You will notice from my sig that I am still running a 3rd Gen, but I love to take a peak at you boys running in the 4th gen arena. They are nice....!
Just a quick heads up/ opinion...I noticed in your original post that you weren't interested in the "additional cost for gauges and such...".
Don't get me wrong, I agree with your decision to go with the Smarty Jr (love mine), I was just curious if you planned to get gauges at all? In short, I find them to be KEY...especially when it comes to the EGTs.
Case in point, I had to turn mine back to stock a couple days ago to get some work done and I couldn't believe the difference the Smarty makes to reduce EGTs (I was seeing temps 200* higher in "stock" opposed to running my Smarty tune with the same driving style).
Point being...even if you weren't planning on running a tuner at all, I would suggest at least an EGT gauge (Ideally, I think they should come stock with an EGT gauge as a minimum).
Please don't think I am trying to step on your toes here (hell, you may know all this and had planned on gauges in the first place...). Again, just wanted to pass this along as a freindly piece of advise.
Enjoy that ride...and let us know what you think of the diffrence the Smarty makes! It's a trip...
No i haven't got any EGT temp guages, but have been thinking on getting one.
last week i finally did all the deletes on my truck and i love it!!! It sure did open her up...just sounds like its breathing alot better and my mileage gain is awesome i get around 18 to 20 mpgs now opposed to 12 with all them emmision.
Throttle response is greatly improved also. couldn't be happier with my truck now!!
Currently running it on SW# 2 Towing. what do you run yours on??

do you know of a good egt probe to get?? Will try to post a pic of my new baby!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM

Fairbank,
Good for you...Smarty makes a huge difference (drive it for a while on the tune and then take it back to stock just for good measure...if your like me, I thought.."why did I wait so long?". In short, once you feel the difference, there really is no going back)
I too run mine on SW 2. I find this to be a good solid tune for daily driving and my stocker tranny simply can't keep up with the SW3 tune (complete Garmons rebuild is the next upgrade...CAN'T WAIT!!). Then I'll dial her in to SW3 on the reg. Course' once that happens, I'm sure I will be selling my JR off for the S-06...again, the power is addictive!
As for gauges, you will notice in my sig that I went with the Autometer "factory matched" gauges (boost, EGT, trans in teh A-pillar). I have been very happy with them. Many on here are fans of ISSPRO...no experience with them, but I understand they are 2nd to none).
*NOT TRYING TO PUSH THIS VENDOR...but the following is where I got mine...the following link is the page of what they would offer for your truck.
http://www.rollinsmokediesel.com/cat-gauge-packages.cfm

Yeah, post pics of that beast!
Later...
Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by fairbank
Ok i bought a 2011.5 cummins with the new HO 800ft-lb tq. Im trying to do my research on getting the dpf,egr/cooler deleted and getting tuner either a H&S mini Maxx or Smarty Jr.

Leaning towards the Smarty Jr. because of the price and i don't want to much HP and TQ just a good clean engine with better gas mileage. So don't need all the guages that the H&S has for the extra 400 bucks.

So my questions is....with getting a new tuner i have the option of the year 2010 to 2011 or 2012 but i would think that the 2011.5 would have a different tuner because of the different setting and the 800lbs tq. I just don't want this tuner to take my truck down to a 600lb and then start tuning from there. Or will the smarty jr reconize the HO engine?
I think i said that right...if anyone understands me?
Give Lary a call from the DTR store. He will make sure you have everything you need. 877-375-1956. Service after the sale is second to none.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Jthorpe is right (my bad...should have directed you to DTR first!) Lary is good people...
IDIOT!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Nah don't sweat it. You're not an idiot. If you have good luck with a vendor that's cool with me but thank you for the support

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 PM

My truck

Here's my 2011.5 HO Cummins Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 6.7L Cummins High Output Tunner???-550964_10150991016327546_104694748_n.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 PM

What you guys think?? Finally got all the deletes done
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM

What do I think?

Well here is what I think, In numerical order no less.

1. You got a SAWEET looking truck. Love the stance and the rims/tires. A+
2. You are gonna love the way it runs deleted. Changes the truck all together.
3. Jack is a chicken turd cause he STILL aint deleted his truck.

That is all.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by fairbank
What you guys think?? Finally got all the deletes done
My thoughts:
1) I hate you...super jealous! Truck looks SWEET!
2) I'm never coming back on the 4th Gen pages... I like the look of the new ones too much. I keep this up and I'll be sitting at the Dodge dealer ordering a new one!
3) I agree with Blake, you have her standing just right. Love everything from the two tone paint down to the wheel/ tire combo.

*Enjoy your 8K lbs. HOT ROD!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by cstewart
Jthorpe is right (my bad...should have directed you to DTR first!) Lary is good people...
IDIOT!!!
Jack is right about this, and so are you. Lary is top notch. DTR is my first choice for shopping.

That being said, James at RSD is my second choice. You wont find better than Lary, and James is right up there with him in my book.

Quick Reply: 2011 6.7L Cummins High Output Tunner???