4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

PacBrake engine brake installed........

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
PacBrake engine brake installed........

Wired it into the factory aux switch pannel, set switchs to latching, remain in last state, ignition power when ign turned off and on.

Engine brake and exhaust brake work best with Tow haul or manual down shifting using steering wheel lever.

I have wiring dia for 2 diff routes if any one needs it. I used Weatherpac connectors for the splicing of the wiring into the fac harness and can completely remove the system if needed.

I paid 500 for the install and made the wiring harness and did the wiring myself. I used the Cummins certified engine shop for the warranty protection on the new engine. Fac warranty intact.

I got a veteran discount, 400 rebate, free shipping so the net total installed was just over 14.

If you want to remove your own valve cover and spacer then adjust the stuff yourself you could have gotten one for 9 bills.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:49 AM

You can also use the PB with the right lever trans limiter, reacts exactly like a man trans.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you talking about the load leash?
I think most of us thought it was urban legend, little to no info out on these.

More details and info would be great.

So it cost you $1400 installed?
Old 07-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Yes that one.

No one here answered anything I asked about them so I had to get info elsewhere, on everything from the installation to using the aux switch panel in engage.

The P-67 LoadLeash works in conjunction with the factory installed VGT exhaust brake to provide big-rig engine braking performance while utilizing a simplified design and straightforward bolt-on integration.

The LoadLeash engine brake provides over 300 RHP. In addition to enhanced control and reduced brake, Pacbrake’s LoadLeash can extend service brake life by up to 5 times!

PERFORMANCE

Doubles the supplemental braking power for unmatched load control

SAFETY

Increases vehicle/load control while reducing brake fade

SAVINGS

Reduced truck and trailer brake wear for 5x longer service brake life

PACKAGING

Lightweight engine brake with straightforward bolt-on installation and no increased valve cover heights

NOISE BYLAWS

Unlike traditional engine brakes which require expensive mufflers to dampen high noise levels, the LoadLeash is virtually silent.

As I did back in late 90s and installed exhaust brakes on my trucks BEFORE the factory did, I did this installation and completely redesigned a wiring harness with removable weathertech waterproof connection plugs for its installation.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:09 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Great, thanks for the info.

Now the overall cost is how much? Are you saying $1800 for the average person installed?

Overall driving impressions?

Warranty on the Load leash itself?

It ought to throw you thru the dash! Lol
Old 07-08-2016, 09:42 AM

I could never tell you what someone would charge you for the labor to install it or the unit, you have to get the pricing and labor rates from your retailer/mechanic.

The warranty is very clearly detailed on their website, and the amount of "brake" depends on how you set it up on your truck and use it.