4500 / 5500 - Chassis Cab Trucks Talk about your commercial trucks here. We realize there are differences with these compared to the regular pickups, so we have provided a place to discuss the commercial versions only.

key fobs

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
key fobs

ok her's my situation

the truck 2008 sterling bullett 4500 originally did not come with the keyless entry, and everytime the battery gets disconnected there is a red blinking light on the dash. the only two ways as far as i know to turn this light of is to hook up the laptop clear the code, or use the key fob.

allright so i didnt want to hook the laptop up everytime to turn this light off so i ordered in the skreem wcm to replace the older one. now when i tried to program the keys, it matches the vin, enter in the vehicle key pin, and then it says cannot find the secret key. so basically since i never had a secret key originally everyone says im boned.

heres my issue is i have another bullet that was ordered in with the keyless entry both have the same pcm/ecm part number. which is the module the wcm needs to learn the secret key from. so one truck can be programed with a secret key the other cant...

also the sterling technical support couldnt help they told me to call the local dodge dealer.

using starmobile to attempt this ordeal