3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Are you kidding me

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sled4fun
They did have transportation avail. to you.....shuttle. They did assist you in getting transportation......Rental car. If the charges and rental car type are not to your likeing contact customer service and voice your opinion to them. Maybe they can help assist you on some future service.

Loaner vehicles are very dealership specific and is eaten by the dealership unless DC authorizes it. You are probably more apt to get a loaner or rental on a low mileage warranty repair if you visit/see your salesman and voice your displeasure. They will then act like they have some control over the matter and maybe talk to their salesmanager. He/she will then talk to the service manager or service advisor and probably authorize putting you into a vehicle free of charge. This makes them look good and feel like they have earned your repeat business. He/she then bills the loaner/rental charges to the sales dept. and not the service department. The service dept. is more than happy to put you in a vehicle now as they are not paying for it.

Think of each dealership as three separate bussinesses under the same roof that do not like to honor each others warrantees or fees. They each have to maintain $$$ numbers and if the service dept. gave a car to everyone that came in. Their numbers would not look very good. Plus they could not afford the Latte's, shuttle driver, etc. etc.

Remember the dealership did not make the vehicle. It is a mechanical item and mechanical items do break and need service. I don't remember reading anything in my purchase contract that said I get a free loaner or rental whenever I bring my truck in for service whether it is on my dime or on theirs (warranty)

Something else you might try is to talk directly to the service manager. Just like the saes manager. He/she always wants to look good to Mr./Mrs. customer and even though they just had a meeting that morning telling their service advisors not to give out free loaners/rentals they may crack under pressure and get you one on them. Seen it happen way to many times.
They did have a shuttle but they didnt know when it would be back or where it was. I rented the car on my own at the enterprise at there dealership..

Basically all Im saying is this is the first I have ever heard of someone having to pay for there own rental car cause something was wrong on there new truck I have bought GMC and fords before and never had to pay a dime for a car it was always a option they offered to me. Guess someone should have told me i was gonna be ridding a bike if I bought a dodge
Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

I bought my wife an 06 Jeep Commander last Nov. (DC product) I got a curtisy call from the sales mngr last week to see if we had done the first oil change yet,(during the sale they told me they would do the first one free of charge.) I said no, but its ready for one. He set up an appt. for it this week. I mentioned that there are a few things that I would like to have looked at while it was in. He said no sweat. It turns out that he lives in the same town as me. He offered to drop off a loaner at my house, pick the commander up and take it in for an service and bring it back when it was done.

Now I understand that this is mostly likely not common practice for dealerships. But can I just say "WOW", no wonder they have a 5 star rating.
Too bad they dont sell Dodge. Blew me a way, Id have no problem dropping 45K there again.

It is unfortunate tho, where I and 2006MegaCab live the few Dodge dealers around here are horrible. Sales, service everything about them sucks.
I wont mention any names(that wouldnt be polite )

Good luck Rob, and like I mentioned the other day, check out Tracy Dodge, by far the best service dept that Ive ever had work on my truck

Tom
Old 03-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Banned

Well, I got the call this morning, truck was on the lift, even tho they "think" that the problem is being caused by my larger tires they are going ot go ahead as a coutesy and follow the TSB for front end shimmy....... as long as it can hold together till next years tax check I am good, this years tax check paid off wifey's Explorer....... till then dreaming of the day that threin and moog live under my front end. Should be done in a day or two drivinagasserlikeIstoleit, Mike
Old 03-14-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CASMOKIN
I bought my wife an 06 Jeep Commander last Nov. (DC product) I got a curtisy call from the sales mngr last week to see if we had done the first oil change yet,(during the sale they told me they would do the first one free of charge.) I said no, but its ready for one. He set up an appt. for it this week. I mentioned that there are a few things that I would like to have looked at while it was in. He said no sweat. It turns out that he lives in the same town as me. He offered to drop off a loaner at my house, pick the commander up and take it in for an service and bring it back when it was done.

Now I understand that this is mostly likely not common practice for dealerships. But can I just say "WOW", no wonder they have a 5 star rating.
Too bad they dont sell Dodge. Blew me a way, Id have no problem dropping 45K there again.

It is unfortunate tho, where I and 2006MegaCab live the few Dodge dealers around here are horrible. Sales, service everything about them sucks.
I wont mention any names(that wouldnt be polite )

Good luck Rob, and like I mentioned the other day, check out Tracy Dodge, by far the best service dept that Ive ever had work on my truck

Tom
Tom first of all THANKS for the supportand backing me up and saying what the truth is about the dealers here haha I didnt go to Tracy this time just cause of the drive especially in the morning due t traffic but if I ever need anything major done and I might even go there for my oil changes. It is good to know we have atleast one good dealer. Tracy also told me they wouldnt give me a loaner so I just took it here in town. Wow what great customer service you got on your wifes jeep what jeep dealership did you get that at Manteca??? I have also had a good expernice with people that live in Ripon while I was working there. Again thanks for the help and support Tom.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

No sweat Rob. Yea I bought it at Cabral Jeep in Manteca. By far the best all around experience Ive ever had with a dealership.
Good luck, and keep us posted

Tom
Old 03-14-2006, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SolarExpress
Soooo, you're more important than the person with the Neon? From a customer service position, you both are equally as important. He bought what he could afford, you bought what you could afford. You both deserve the same quality of service. But atleast the guy that can afford "only" a Neon had the forsight to purchase the warranty.

He bought the warranty because he was buying a low end pos, you shouldn't have to buy a extended warranty on their top of the line products(As far as trucks go). Dodge claims these trucks are the kings of the road, well when one breaks step up and get the person a car. And I guess you could say all sales are the same. But if you owned an electronic store and someone bought a vhs player and another person bought a home theater system costing thousands more who would you give more time and consideration 2?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
He bought the warranty because he was buying a low end pos, you shouldn't have to buy a extended warranty on their top of the line products(As far as trucks go). Dodge claims these trucks are the kings of the road, well when one breaks step up and get the person a car. And I guess you could say all sales are the same. But if you owned an electronic store and someone bought a vhs player and another person bought a home theater system costing thousands more who would you give more time and consideration 2?
Well, It just so happens I own a custom electronics store My company sells $100.00 DVD players, $5000.00 Plasma TV's and $250,000.00 Home Cinema Rooms. The difference is that I give a dern about all of my customers. Whether they spend $50.00 or $50,000.00 I give everybody the same time and consideration, regardless of how much money was spent, afterall, its customers and word of mouth that keeps most businesses in business.
Then again we all have a choice. I dont think its Dodge problem, I think its a dealer problem. Certain dealers are more than willing to bend over backwords, because they want repeat business, 5 star rating and such. Other dealers could care less. If you get screwed by one dealer, call another one. Its as simple as that. Just my opinion

Tom
Old 03-14-2006, 05:41 PM

Well I just got back from picking my truck up.

It was a seal in the diff they had to replace that was leaking. I asked what might of caused it and well you could guess the answer I got. Could be different thing could have been bad could have been installed wrong could have etc etc. Well I have my truck back and I hope to god it never has to go to the dealership ever again
Old 03-14-2006, 05:47 PM

So does that mean that the bickering on this thread is over.......I was just starting to enjoy myself. Good luck with your truck.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:52 PM

So does that mean that the bickering on this thread is over.......I was just starting to enjoy myself. Good luck with your truck.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 07:21 PM

They dealer where we bought the CTD in my sig.,the salesman was real nice and helpful that sold the truck to us. Every 6 months after we bought the truck he would call and ask how the truck is running and if we have any problems with it. He even found out are number up here in Maine and called and asked how it was running. Now we live 650 miles from that dealer so it is kinda hard to go back there..lol

Jeff
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Banned

well seems to be the day for getting trucks back dealer just called mine is done, did the ball joints for me and I am good to go.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:35 PM

most of the time the better dealers will provide the loaner if you bought the car from them. Never had an issue with a loaner car and never bought the extended warranty
Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A guy here at work told me this morning that his truck was in the shop. Lost the injector pump and I think the fuel pump also. He got a loaner car for free. The kicker? It was not the dealer he purchased the truck from, his truck is a '98 and it has 192K miles. He did have to pay almost $4k for all the service so I guess they felt sorry for him (his words). He also had some other stuff done, you know "While its in the shop you may as well do......".

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me