3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Are you kidding me

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you kidding me

I called Dodge to get my truck in cause its leaking some kind of fluid. They told me since I didnt not buy a extended warranty they dont give you a vehicle so I guess Im suposed to walk around for how ever long they have my truck who knows could be a day or two. While my brand new 5 week old truck is in the shop. I have had GMC's Fords and I have never been left with out a truck this is not very good customer service
Old 03-13-2006, 12:06 PM

That is bull even if you did by an extended warranty it would not be in affect yet.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Hey man. My truck is in the service bay with a dead ECM for 20 plus days now. No release date on the part yet.They did give me a Sebring to drive. Sucks. I asked for a Cummins they said no dealer would have one for a loaner. I really need my truck back. Missing 2 camping/fishing trips already. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's true, or at least it used to be. When my 01 was new, it smoked 2 rear ring and pinions in the first 1500 miles. 1 200 mi from home, the other 600 mi from home. Didn't have the ext warranty at the time, and both dealers first refused to give me a loaner vehicle. After some "talking" w/ them, the first rented me a box van, as I had my enclosed trailer enroute and needed the capacity. The 2nd dealer rented me a minivan to get to CO from SD.
I did read at the time that loaner vehicle is not part of the factory 3/36 warranty, but is on the extended warranties.
Maybe I got a repreive because both times I was left stranded far from home.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:03 PM

Why would you expect a loaner vehicle....you only bought a 40k+ truck?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:52 PM

Rentals are 12 bucks a day. Don't be a cheapie and go rent something....gheeze....
I spend more than that on smokes everyday.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by rammtuff
Rentals are 12 bucks a day. Don't be a cheapie and go rent something....gheeze....
I spend more than that on smokes everyday.
Rentals are 12 bucks a day where?? Not in CA they arent secondly I didnt buy a dodge w/cummins to go rent a flippin car.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

dropped my truck off today for death wobble fix, I paifd for the extended waranty soooooo I have a 1500 Quad cab gasser in the driveway, & I am already ahead on the deal..... 85 cents on the floor boards>>>>>

I guess I will get t he call tomorrow if they are going to fix under warranty, if not I will not let them put the stock junk back on, top shelf moog ball joints, thurein track bar, and that box steal steering brace.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by rickkari0304
Hey man. My truck is in the service bay with a dead ECM for 20 plus days now. No release date on the part yet.They did give me a Sebring to drive. Sucks. I asked for a Cummins they said no dealer would have one for a loaner. I really need my truck back. Missing 2 camping/fishing trips already. Good luck.
Ummm, my dealer will give me a diesel to drive
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I work in service and even I buy the chrysler contract so I'll have wheels in case of downtime. After seeing how most treat there vehicles there is a very good reason dealers no longer have "loaners".
Old 03-13-2006, 10:19 PM

I feel your pain, I had a 1 day old dodge ram 1500 all scratched up from there service guys using dirty rags to clean it. I brought it in the next morning because I picked it up at night and did not notice the scratches. They did not want to give me a loaner while they fixed my paint job. I day old So I flipped out and went ballistic on them after being very nice, and whalla I got a rental. On my 03 ctd the steering system went and no rental. And when the computer went on the 03 no rental for 2 weeks. So I smartened up and on the 05 I bought the extended warranty. Sorry bout the rant.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by J BODY
I work in service and even I buy the chrysler contract so I'll have wheels in case of downtime. After seeing how most treat there vehicles there is a very good reason dealers no longer have "loaners".
I never knew this exsisted whats the difference if I have a extended warranty or not the truck only has 3500 miles on it Im still with in the factory warranty. Secondly GMC and Ford both gave me cars when my truck went in for warranty work with the normal warranty. Im just wondering how come I have to buy a extended warranty to get a car??
Old 03-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
I never knew this exsisted whats the difference if I have a extended warranty or not the truck only has 3500 miles on it Im still with in the factory warranty. Secondly GMC and Ford both gave me cars when my truck went in for warranty work with the normal warranty. Im just wondering how come I have to buy a extended warranty to get a car??
Easy. The more $$ you give Dodge, the nicer they treat you.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 PM

Dodge is crappy at customer service at the dealership level. You have to call the number in the book and be very nice and show brand loyalty to them and they seem to take care of issues like that. Just give them a call and see where you get. Just be nice from what i understand if your not they just blow you off.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
I called Dodge to get my truck in cause its leaking some kind of fluid. They told me since I didnt not buy a extended warranty they dont give you a vehicle so I guess Im suposed to walk around for how ever long they have my truck who knows could be a day or two. While my brand new 5 week old truck is in the shop. I have had GMC's Fords and I have never been left with out a truck this is not very good customer service
Warrented repairs that require your vehicle to be left overnight or for an extended period of time will receive a loaner. Go to a dealer that has a rental agency on site and Chrysler will pay the bill. It makes it very easy.

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me