3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

xm radio power/audio input

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xm radio power/audio input

I just bought an XM radio. It uses 5 volt DC input and I am wondering if anyone has used the +5 off one of the output from the PCI. I also have seen threads saying the C2 connector on the single disk radio units will accept an input from another audio source but I can't find anything in the service manual as far as pin designations for this connector other than three for the remote control on the steering wheel.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Howard Christian
Wilmington, NC
Old 01-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ppsi
I just bought an XM radio. It uses 5 volt DC input and I am wondering if anyone has used the +5 off one of the output from the PCI. I also have seen threads saying the C2 connector on the single disk radio units will accept an input from another audio source but I can't find anything in the service manual as far as pin designations for this connector other than three for the remote control on the steering wheel.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Howard Christian
Wilmington, NC
You'd be better off using a 3 terminal regulator...7805, MC7805, etc.

I wouldn't want to overload a 5v source used somewhere else on the truck.

Some of the single disc radios had a jack on the front of the radio for an external input. Don't know the radio code, though.

HTH

Tony
Old 01-09-2007, 08:49 PM

Are you sure its 5 Volts

You don't mention brand-model of XM Radio

Would this work?

http://www.pie.net/store/index.cfm?a...ails&ItemID=76

Full application Guide

http://www.pie.net/images/appguide/appl_xm6.pdf
Old 01-10-2007, 08:03 AM

You need a Delphi modulator, part # SA10003-11B1 this may be an old #. Try your local Radio Shack. It has the 6 volt output on it for your radio and also interfaces directly into your antenna splice located under the passengers kick panel. I have a new one in my hand but don't know that I want to get rid of it yet, hope this helps
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM

I purchased an inline modulator and installed it and it does sound better although I've seen several posts mentionng the 10 pin C2 connector on the back of the radio. The units with this connector are the single CD units and the radio-w-the CD changer do not have this from what I could gather. I will go to the dealer and see about getting the parts required for the remote radio control to see if my current steering wheel is upgradable to it. I have a feeling the wheel would need to be changed. I will also look at the diagram they have for the cable that connects the changer to the radio- I think this is for the Infinity sond systems??