3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

What to do next? Debadge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do next? Debadge?

Well, I have pretty much decided to go w/ somewhat of a "theme" on my truck - meaning I am going to stick with tone (silver/ chrome on bottom of truck, i.e. step bars, exhaust tip, wheels, front and rear bumpers). Up top I am going to be going w/ black (just installed black diamond plate). My question is should I debadge in order to keep on track with this "theme". I will post up some photoshopped images to help in decision making.

Also, I feel in order to keep this idea alive, I would need to paint the front grill colormatch like DWiggs truck (truck is same color as his - black metallic). However, I also feel that I would need to run nightrunner headlights (more than I want to spend on them right now). Is it possible to disassemble headlights and paint them color match like the nightrunners are?

Also, like I said above, I would leave the front and rear bumpers chrome. I also believe I would need to change the cab lights from clear/ chrome to smoked lenses.

I would be much appreciative on your alls thoughts. I will post pics shortly.

Thanks again
Old 03-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

I love debadged/clean smooth looks... I started mine but it's too darned cold...

Here is my silver themed truck... I will be painting the mirror's and handles this summer..

Shane

Old 03-04-2007, 02:04 PM

Here are the pictures. Let me know what you think. Also, I forgot to mention that one day the truck will have bushwacker pocket style fender flares painted silver.

Option 1 - Leave it as is

Option 2 - No badges

Option 3 - Leave Cummins Badges

Back of truck (leave ram head logo)

Back of truck (remove all)

So what does everything think? Like I said, I like Cummins badge on side and ram head on back.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

No Badges!!! And BW Flares two tone would rock!!!

Shane
Old 03-04-2007, 02:10 PM

I like the look of one color fender flares. Only time will tell what I'll do I guess.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 PM

any chance i could buy your # 3's.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 PM

Well a few opinions I can give is I do like it De-badged gives it a cleaner look, Also one thing I didnt like were the clear clearance lights go with smoked, And also with sticking to your upper black lower silver theme especially if your going to put on silver fender flares paint the lower portion of your front bumper silver as well Ithink it will make the truck "flow" a bit better.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 PM

My trucks black, I left the Cummins and rams head. Looks way mo' better!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no badges is the way to go IMHO
I will be doing mine as soon as it warms up.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I love debadged/clean smooth looks... I started mine but it's too darned cold...

Here is my silver themed truck... I will be painting the mirror's and handles this summer..

Shane

Not for nothin Shane, but I think you truck looks GREAT the way it sits right now. The pocket flares and the window rain guards done in silver as well as the lack of badges look real smooth.
The black door handles and the mirrors tie into the black rubber of the tires which are balanced out by the silver centers. If you paint your handles and mirrors it will look like you drove through a vat of silver paint.

I wouldn't change a thing!

Anyone else share my opinion on this?

BTW, I was at my local dealer this week and notice that there seem to be a few fans of the debadge look who took it upon themselves to remove the badges from a few of the new trucks on the lot. Looks like they did it with a hunting knife leaving some nice deep scratches in the fenders.
To think that they would risk getting arrested and to damage new trucks to steal a $5 badge?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikelr
Not for nothin Shane, but I think you truck looks GREAT the way it sits right now. The pocket flares and the window rain guards done in silver as well as the lack of badges look real smooth.
The black door handles and the mirrors tie into the black rubber of the tires which are balanced out by the silver centers. If you paint your handles and mirrors it will look like you drove through a vat of silver paint.

I wouldn't change a thing!

Anyone else share my opinion on this?

BTW, I was at my local dealer this week and notice that there seem to be a few fans of the debadge look who took it upon themselves to remove the badges from a few of the new trucks on the lot. Looks like they did it with a hunting knife leaving some nice deep scratches in the fenders.
To think that they would risk getting arrested and to damage new trucks to steal a $5 badge?

I have been contemplating that myself... WHen I put the flares on I really liked the small amount of black that was going with the rim/tires.. I am not sure what I will do for now but thanks for the info...

Shane
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 AM

I have the same paint scheme, I debadged ,left the cummings and dodge emblem on the tailgate, next will be powdercoating the rims black..
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...0/DSC00978.jpg

here is a pic
Old 03-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
no badges is the way to go IMHO
I will be doing mine as soon as it warms up.
If you sell the Cummins logo from the fender let me know. I would actualy like one for the tailgate. I guess I am the opposite and like the badges.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:10 PM

actually that is what I did too, left the cummins and the ram head
Old 03-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vinceg99
Well a few opinions I can give is I do like it De-badged gives it a cleaner look, Also one thing I didnt like were the clear clearance lights go with smoked, And also with sticking to your upper black lower silver theme especially if your going to put on silver fender flares paint the lower portion of your front bumper silver as well Ithink it will make the truck "flow" a bit better.
Yeah, I agree with you. I honestly don't know why it doesn't come like that from the factory?!? Seems like it would make better sense since the rest of the truck at that level is silver.

Quick Reply: What to do next? Debadge?