3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Trash Bag Hook

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I LOVE THE SMELL OF DIESEL AND GUNPOWDER IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!! HEHE
Old 06-14-2004, 04:45 PM

I love my hook and im offended that people are talking bad about it
Old 06-14-2004, 04:46 PM

P.S.- sarcasm
Old 06-14-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bag? I thought thaey were sacks
Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 AM

I USED to be a proud member of this forum...

I loved the thought of a trash bag clip, wife and I were always wanting one in our Suburban. Then horror struck to discover the silly thing had too low of an angle and the bag slipped off!

That was that, I was ready to contact my attorney and lemon the sucker... Sweet Cummins and all

Then it struck, the idea of a century! The wife popped open a bag of chips, holding that little chip clip to seal in the freshness... Son of a gun if it didn't work perfect to hold them little baggies, even with the windows down!!!

What a relief, think I'll keep the Ram a little while longer

Oh yeah, my cell fits pretty good in the ashtray.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:17 AM

You could replace the hook with a bottle opener since thats what it looks like already!
Old 06-15-2004, 04:17 PM

So we now have crown royal bags, guns, and bottle openers on the hooks....any other ideas
Old 06-16-2004, 09:37 AM

]I don't know where Cherokee is but NE corner is near the OB so if you go again try and take in some of the history of the area and go to Manteo for some "Lost colony" stuff and, of course, Kitty Hawk has a lot of real interesting Wright Bros. info. I learned a lot of facts that are not readily available from other sources.

Cherokee is just at the south end of the Smokey Mtn park. Just at the start of the BRP. Having been down there a good handful of times I must admit to being in a rut. I take the bike down and just enjoy the roads (BRP, Cherohola Parkway...). Eat at the Salty Dog in Maggie Valley, and stay at the same hotel. It's a rut, but what a wonderful rut it is! I'll check some of that out next time I'm down there. Hauling the bike down with the CTD this time and maybe doing some more of the park and the like too.

Did you get the trans temp figured out.

I'm torn between the test port and the pan at this point, per ATS's suggestion. I'll probably do the test port first, then if/when I get a new pan I'll put it in there.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:26 AM

Why not the Governor port? Just curiouse cause this is what I used and I get a good constant reading and it was the same size as the probe????
Old 06-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
My wife found a nice matching color cloth, plastic lined, bag which now sits proudly on that hook. People look in there and say "man, they thought of everything on this truck - - nicer than my car - - and so many switches, and gauges and stuff to do while you drive - - must be fun." Sooo, whoever, engineer or marketing, it appeals to someone. I find it quite handy - - much nicer than the garbage on the carpets.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:28 AM

little air freshner hangs on mine...
Old 06-16-2004, 01:03 PM

Not trying to change the subject, but, I'll tell you a LITTLE thing on this truck that I REALLY like. That little hook on the floor that keeps the floor mat from sliding forward and wadding up.
That has been a gripe I've had on every car and truck I've ever had, and this is the first time I have seen the problem addressed.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:57 PM

Why not the Governor port? Just curiouse cause this is what I used and I get a good constant reading and it was the same size as the probe????

I don't like the idea of tapping it out and ATS said it wasn't as good of a spot.

First I'm going to get the truck. Then I'll probably put it there if it fits easily. I just want some indication that it's doing OK. I know I'll never be really pushing this truck with what it can do...but the trans is my biggest worry.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:37 PM

Hmmmm...I bought a "trash bag" (hardsided) at Wally World in the automotive section.

It fits OK (at an angle) and I have a place to through trash!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:12 PM

I try and time my visits to Wally World along-w-my shower time. If I know I will be showering immediately after shopping there I'll consider it. Otherwise it is a no go. Fist off I can't stand shopping. Secondly I absolutely dispise the WalMart in my area. It is so jammed I need to park at least 1/2 mile away and when I get in you would thing they were giving the stuff away.
Sorry for the rant.

Quick Reply: Trash Bag Hook