3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

For those with Weathertech mats???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with Weathertech mats???

I like the look of the Weathertech mats shown in posts about them here. My only concern that I haven't seen addressed in other posts about them is how much traction do you get on them? The other day I was taking the wife to the airport and the factory mat on the passenger side slid forward, resulting in a nice bruise on her knee that I am still hearing about.

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 PM

Buy the WeatherTecsyou wont be disappointed. The floor liners dont have room to slide around. Ii have bought full sets for boththe 05 dodge and my wifes 08 suburban.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:06 PM

The mats themselves don't look like they will slip, but what about your shoes against the mat? Will dress shoes slide like glass across them?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 AM

I have had the weathertech mats in my truck since I bought it. As far as slipping, I can't recall ever having a problem no matter what type of shoes. Even when wet with snow or rain. They are not exactly smooth but not really rough either. IMO they are the best mats on the market.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:39 PM

the original (and still sold) weathertechs are very heavy virgin rubber. they don't move easily. also they are cut vehicle specific, so the fit the area really well. the newer weathertech floorliner won't move at all. they are molded to every little nook and cranny. i have had both, and have the floorliners now. i prefer them to the originals just due to better fit, and like that your can just brush stuff out over the sill. my neighbor inherited my last set of floorliners from my previous ford and loves them. he's and avid hunter and fisherman, and likes them better than the husky mats they replaced.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:49 PM

How do the weather tecs hold up to your right heel grinding in it?,after a year or so my right heel usually wears a hole in the floor drivers mat,where my right heal pivots.I have the Dodge slush mats and the drivers one almost has a hole in it after a year and a half of work boot wear.Would the weather tecs be about the same?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:36 PM

after 30,000+ miles i can't even tell where my heel has been.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:40 PM

I've had both the Husky Linres and the weathertechs, and I like the weather techs much more. Fit great, look good, easy to clean...
Old 07-06-2008, 08:46 PM

I like my weather techs. They fit and look great, I have never noticed a problem with any kind of slipping with mine.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM

Another vote for the Weathertechs.
Zero signs of wear and my lady friend has never had any problems slipping even in her fancy stepping out shoes.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:45 AM

yeah, i put about 50,000 miles on my last set of weathertech floorliners, and they showed no wear. my first set of orginal style weathertechs went 120,000+ and showed very little wear also. both were manual transmissions.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:27 AM

mine have 60k on them and you still look great. take them out every so often and pressure wash them. I really cringed when I bought them becuase of the price, looking back I can tell you it was money well spent.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM

Thanks for all the input, I'll be ordering some this week. I do inspections in car dealership service departments and trashed the mats in my last truck with greasy shoes. I'm debating between black or grey, but I'll probably end up with black to show less grease/dirt.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by BroncoAZ
I like the look of the Weathertech mats shown in posts about them here. My only concern that I haven't seen addressed in other posts about them is how much traction do you get on them? The other day I was taking the wife to the airport and the factory mat on the passenger side slid forward, resulting in a nice bruise on her knee that I am still hearing about.

Thanks,

Mitch
Based on this thread I just ordered a set of floor liners front and back. I liked them because the front liners extend over and cover the door sills.

Now I need to figure out what to do with the Nifty Catch all Extreme liners I bought a year ago. They are not as nice as the ones I bought for my Cheve. They were lighter and not as thick material and neither extend over the door sills.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 AM

i have the wethertechs with thick slush mats on top and the mat will slip but the WT are great

Quick Reply: For those with Weathertech mats???