Tail light still out after new bulb - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Tail light still out after new bulb

Old 12-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #1  

Tail light still out after new bulb

My ďlamp outĒ light came on,so I checked my brake lights and seen one was out. No big deal- I got new bulbs and replaced them. Then, I noticed it still didnít work. Switched some bulbs around to confirm but they didnít work either. Well- then I figured it must be the tail light socket that might be bad. Got one installed and STILL didnít work. I switched the drivers side socket to the pass. side to check and, the same thing- didnít work. Itís the TOP bulb of the three in the passenger side taillight. The top one is; four-way flasher, parking light, and brake light. The middle bulb is parking light and brake light. Bottom is reverse light. Itís only the top bulb of the light assembly that is not working with the Brake lights. (If no turn signal is on- it make 4 bright brake lights. Now I only have three brake lights not including the top mount light) EVERYTHING else works fine - headlights,markers,top mount brake light. Even the bulb that doesnít work with the brake light DOES work with the four-ways, parking light and turn signal. EVERY SINGLE TIME I use the brake pedal the ďlamp outĒ chime beeps and drives me insane! Iíve check harnesses and wiring and there is no damage, rubbing, pinching or any known reason to have an issue.

Does this sound familiar to anyone that had a similar problem and have any idea what I could check or replace?
kyachovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #2  

the slightest little pin hole in vehicle wiring can cause the copper inside the insulation to turn to green powder. Ive been replacing wiring that looked fine on the outside for years. worst case all you have to do is run a wire from the other side.
mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #3  

I was wondering if I could jump a wire from the other side to make it work. I might try that to see if it solves the problem.
kyachovitz is offline   Reply With Quote