3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Spacers or kore leveling kit???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spacers or kore leveling kit???

I would like to get some opinions on if the kore system is worth the extra $. My truck will not be used off road so I don't know if it is worth it to go the Kore route. Can someone tell me the differences of what the ride will be like with each?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 AM

Anyone have any input? Seems like there are two groups here...Spacers & Springs. I would like to know what made you decide to go the route that you did. Would you still do the same set up?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Kore is very nice but at a price. Blocks are ok but not the best. May want to check out Lorenz industries- new shocks and springs with drop blocks at a good price and a better ride.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:00 AM

I did Kore. After doing some reading you can push the limits off stock springs and shocks if you do spacers also read people have gotten the death wobble too. Kore kit was 335. If you were too buy spacer prices very from 79-160 bucks and new shocks up front(you got to for extra hieght) and if you want to change rear shocks out. At this point spend 100 bucks give or take more you'll have a Kore lvl kit. Lorenz lvl kit is arround 569.00.
I'm really satisfied with the ride just need to air down my E rated tires to help even more. JUST MY 2 CENTS.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Assuming the spring rates are correct. Springs are better than spacers.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 AM

I'm going with springs. I saw a pic of a guys truck on here with the spacers and you could see how his entire front axle was moved over to one side about an inch or two. Looked kind of strange. I've seen that on well used and abused farm trucks before but not a brand new one. He couldn't say for sure it wasn't like that before the spacers but blamed it on them anyways.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
I'm going with springs. I saw a pic of a guys truck on here with the spacers and you could see how his entire front axle was moved over to one side about an inch or two. Looked kind of strange. I've seen that on well used and abused farm trucks before but not a brand new one. He couldn't say for sure it wasn't like that before the spacers but blamed it on them anyways.

Why would the entire axle move? I'm throwing on a set of TopGunz lift blocks this weekend.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
that has nothing to do with the method of lift. when you lift your truck (with spacers or coils), your axle will be moved off-center, and can be re-centered with an adjustable track bar.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:59 PM

i started out myself looking at spacer lifts. then i thought about just doing springs cause im not a huge fan of spacers. i looked at kore, carli and lorenz. i chose lorenz cause they were less expensive and i got a good deal on the lift. im happy i did, cause she rides great. kore makes a nice product, but the prices are just outrageous for what you are getting. with lorenz i paid what i figured i would pay for nice kit for my truck- came with everything i wanted. give sean lorenz a call, nice guy to talk to.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM

I just got done putting my leveling kit in (spacers). Easy stuff. It took me about two hours by myself and that included rotating the tires. As long as you remove the track bar bolt, everything goes in really quick.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Thanks guys. I am leaning towards the Kore lvling kit thats is $335. Seems like it is like the Lorenz kit but a bit cheaper. Is there any reason to go with the Lorenz kit over the Kore kit? Both offer new springs, sway bar blocks and Bilstein shocks. Are there any other differences other than spring types?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM

Not really I know the springs are differant each has there own way of making them. Theres post on here some were that says you get more from Lorenz lvl kit but the kits look the same to me spring,blocks(sway bar),5100 bilstiens.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM

Just ordered the Kore lvling kit. Couldn't take the waiting any longer! Can't wait to see how it's going to look! I feel like a kid waiting for x-mas!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 AM

You are going to love it, it looks like a completely different truck and it will ride like one too.

Just got the Kore kit on a few days ago, it was a simple install and I am loving it so far
Old 03-25-2008, 06:00 PM

Hey yelloz did you re-torque everything back to spec or just tighten everything down like he-man?

Quick Reply: Spacers or kore leveling kit???