3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Siris about to expire

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went Siris for 1 station primarily. there are 3 or 4 that I jump to. Worth it to me for since none of the programing was availalbe. the one country station was getting old and the rock station... I mean how many times can you listen to the same Zeppelin/Dio/Scorpions song ( not songs but SONG ) over and over and over.... If I have to listen to Holy Diver one more time....
Old 09-28-2008, 10:17 PM

I'd pay for Sirius if it was $25 a month.

The local stations near me SUCK!

I haven't listened to "regular" radio in probably 6 months.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:36 PM

My freebie died today, one year almost to the day from when I bought the truck. I had planned on not renewing, but I was driving around this afternoon and missed the Chargers comeback againt the Raiders so I told Mama to sign me up again...
Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Muted User

I forked over 400 in 2004 for a lifetime subscription. It's still working.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:50 PM

I just bought an 06, how do I know if I have sirius or do they all have it?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 AM

The easiest ways are 1. Look at your window stickers and see if it says "12 Months Free Sirius" somewhere. 2. Look on the roof of your cab and see if there is a Sirius receiving unit mounted up there. It'll be a small sort of square receiver about 1" or so tall, painted to match the color of the truck and located towards the back of the cab - you've got to have this to receiver the satellite signal (if you have factory Sirius).
Old 09-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Doesn't sound like I'm going to get the deal on it like I did with XM. (However I only got 3 months free xm)
Oct 12 is 1year so it will be after xm/sirius are settled in with each other.
I read somewhere that they were both hurting for customers.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 PM

mine expired EXACTLY one year from the day i bought my truck! I too, waited to see if they'd make me a better deal, but they just want full price, so I declined their offer. The radio stations around me are not too bad, so it's easy for me to deal with. Besides, sometimes I dont use my truck for a week at a time or longer, kinda strange to be paying for satelite radio that I cant use unless I am in the truck
Old 09-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There are times that I would be on my way to or from work,a 12 min. drive,and with 6 presets, I could not find one song playing.I'll never go back to regular radio.I personally am not entertaind by 2 DJ's talking to each other about what they did last night!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 AM

I had Sirius for 3 years. First on a radio I bought from Circuit City and then in my truck. Free for a year and then I paid for a year. I had my account set up to auto pay every 3 months. Every 3 months my radio got shut off and I had to call and threaten to shut off my service before they transfered me to an english speaking customer service rep who supposedly fixed my account. The last time I cancelled and will never go back. It was more of a hassle than it was worth.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
I had Sirius for 3 years. First on a radio I bought from Circuit City and then in my truck. Free for a year and then I paid for a year. I had my account set up to auto pay every 3 months. Every 3 months my radio got shut off and I had to call and threaten to shut off my service before they transfered me to an english speaking customer service rep who supposedly fixed my account. The last time I cancelled and will never go back. It was more of a hassle than it was worth.
wow, look at all the hassles I saved myself by not renewing! LOL Thanks T Boe !
Old 10-04-2008, 03:44 AM

I absolutely love my Sirius, and would never go back to terrestrial radio. I have 3 of them (including the factory one in my truck). I also had one stolen (wife didn't lock the van), and they were nice enough to give me any new radio at 50% off and three months additional free service, which i thought was nice since they didn't owe me any favors for me getting it stolen. I've never had any hassle with cs either, since i pay 1 yr at a crack.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by t-boe

Why didnt you pay for a year or two to save money and the hassle?
Old 10-04-2008, 02:12 PM

What about the sound? It is compressed like crazy. Is that the nature of Sirius or our particular head unit?

I swear back when I had XM with the Delphi SkiFi it wasn't that compressed.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan_K
Doesn't sound like I'm going to get the deal on it like I did with XM. (However I only got 3 months free xm)
Oct 12 is 1year so it will be after xm/sirius are settled in with each other.
I read somewhere that they were both hurting for customers.
They now as a combined company have about 19 million subscribers, not too bad.

Originally Posted by kcrowe
What about the sound? It is compressed like crazy. Is that the nature of Sirius or our particular head unit?

I swear back when I had XM with the Delphi SkiFi it wasn't that compressed.
Mine sounds great, its all how its hooked up. Relying on receiving it through FM stinks. If you direct connect it sound great.

Quick Reply: Siris about to expire