3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

She's on the railroad!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's on the railroad!

Ordered 8/20, was D1 for at least 2 weeks. Now she has been shipped Union Pacific from Laredo, TX due in Toledo, OH 10/11.<br><br>I don't think I've been this anxious since well probably the last time I ordered a new truck
Old 10-09-2002, 10:57 AM

Re:She's on the railroad!

I must have a black cloud on my order! I ordered on 8/6 and still D1<br><br>Same truck, different color<br><br>What's with that?<br><br>Sadder by the day Hunter
Old 10-09-2002, 02:56 PM

Hopefully your info is just out of date. I just checked mine yesterday and it was shipped, yet when I called last week on Thursday they said it was still D1. So either they move them through very quickly or they don't update their info quickly. My wife thinks I'm a bit obsessive so perhaps I should not have told her that now I know what rail car she is on <br><br>Here is what I ordered so you can compare with yours...<br><br>ETH DEE 2BG AJK ADB AJB AR9 AHC GPG DSA XME CKE GXM LNJ NHK GNK K17 RAZ M9DV SCV RDZ CVN XEA GFD 6F8<br><br>My invoice is $35,470 and yours is $35,825. Perhaps that difference is something that was on hold?<br><br>Anyway, best of luck to you and we'll cross our fingers for your new girl's safe and expedient arrival <br><br>And I think you'll like the clearance lights, this is my 3rd RAM and I wouldn't have one w/o 'em.<br>
Old 10-09-2002, 07:15 PM

Quite a few different things on the options, but nothing to hold her up I wouldn't think, unless it is the silver paint.<br><br>Thankfully, DC is closed for the day to spare me the pain of calling and hearing it is still on hold<br><br>Good luck on getting yours!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-09-2002, 11:47 PM

When she arrives in rail terminal, let dealer know she is there. Mine got lost in storage yard because trucking company just made up easy loads near the front of yard. My salesperson, Fleet Manager, says new trucking company is as bad as old one. &gt;
Old 10-11-2002, 12:36 PM

Tracking the rail car via www.uprr.com and now it is somewhere north of Little Rock, AR. Still no new info on yours Hunter?
Old 10-11-2002, 10:28 PM

FlameRed<br><br>I swear you are a forturne teller!<br><br>On Tuesday, DC said my truck was still D1, Gateline, ready to go into the factory, maybe next week.<br><br>On Thursday they said it was KZ, invoiced and ready to ship!<br><br>And today, just for the hell of it, I call my dealer, and he says just got a new print out, and my baby is on a train heading North from Laredo, Texas! Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo! even!<br><br>But, still they said, 2 weeks at the earliest, but still got some solid ground! Dealer said he has the invoice in hand, so she is built, and enroute.<br><br>The waiting is tough!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-12-2002, 12:08 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=Hunter link=board=17;threadid=5687;start=0#51912 date=1034393304]<br>FlameRed<br><br>I swear you are a forturne teller!<br><br>On Tuesday, DC said my truck was still D1, Gateline, ready to go into the factory, maybe next week.<br><br>On Thursday they said it was KZ, invoiced and ready to ship!<br><br>And today, just for the hell of it, I call my dealer, and he says just got a new print out, and my baby is on a train heading North from Laredo, Texas! Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo! even!<br>Hunter<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, good news. Hope it gets there quicker. DC doesn't even know about mine even though I have VON and VIN numbers - - mine doesn't exist. I told you, I think it decided to head east in mid-swim and is basking on a beach in the Caymans. <br><br>Bob
Old 10-12-2002, 01:14 PM

Well then - I guess mine will get here in time to be a Christmas present. Ordered the &quot;white ghost&quot; Laredo LWB dually, HO six-speed on 10-10. When all dealer add-ons and accessory shop add-ons are completed, it will probably be Christmas before I trade in the old '89. Anxious already.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:45 AM

Just checked with UPRR and our baby has left Wrenn, Tx. and will be in Portland on the 19th!<br><br>Whoooo Hoooooooo!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=Hunter link=board=17;threadid=5687;start=0#52675 date=1034606704]<br>Just checked with UPRR and our baby has left Wrenn, Tx. and will be in Portland on the 19th!<br><br>Whoooo Hoooooooo!<br><br>Hunter<br>[/quote]<br><br>You rascal, you are going to beat me. Mine was not shipped by boat as originally planned, but rail. It was in Vera Cruz on the 5th, but they don't know where it is now. :'( They will probably deliver it with yours in Portland. Oh well, I am just watching the horizon for this white cloud to show me the Great White Ghost is about to appear. :P<br><br>BugEyesBob
Old 10-14-2002, 10:17 PM

Ridin' the rails and the baby has left McAlester, OK tonite!<br><br>Whoooo whooooo choooooo chhhhooooooooooo!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-17-2002, 11:20 AM

Dealer called yesterday. Truck is scheduled to be finished on 10/31 and expect three to four weeks shipping. Looks like we'll have a Thanksgiving present rather than Christmas.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:27 AM

Blue<br><br>Halloween truck? hmmmmmmmmmmm<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-17-2002, 11:33 AM

[quote author=Hunter link=board=17;threadid=5687;start=0#52912 date=1034651857]<br>Ridin' the rails and the baby has left McAlester, OK tonite!<br><br>Whoooo whooooo choooooo chhhhooooooooooo!<br><br>Hunter<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hunter, should've told them to unload it there. That's where I'm from and I would've brought it to ya. ;D ;D ;D<br><br>CR

Quick Reply: She's on the railroad!