3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Running boards

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running boards

There has go to be a cheaper place to get running boards... The dealer wants $745 for them.. <br><br>At theses prices I am going to take some measurements and make them myself... <br><br>Any help out there...
Old 11-19-2002, 08:18 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Re:Running boards

What kind do you want?
Old 11-19-2002, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly, there aren't alot of aftermarket addons for these trucks yet.<br>You might check around and see if you can get them for a 2002 1500, the body style is pretty much the same so they might work.<br>I know most nerfbars for the 1500's work on the 2003 HD's.<br><br>phox
Old 11-19-2002, 08:36 PM

[quote author=FiverBob link=board=17;threadid=7282;start=0#69655 date=1037758692]<br>What kind do you want?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Sorry the tubular style... for a Quad Cab 2500
Old 11-19-2002, 10:29 PM

Wick, you might try stylinconcepts.com either online or call 1-800-400-5276. Check out what they have on the web first. Then call to find out if they will fit your 2003. Many mailorder/online companies are in the process of having their catalogues updated at the present time. After the catalogues are updated they update their web site.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:30 PM

Wick<br><br>I am having mine equipped with Carr 20&quot; super steps on the front, $165 installed<br><br>And Carr 10&quot; Hoop II on the back $85 installed<br><br>Saw them on a 2002, awesome. <br><br>They are just now being produced for our babies, the dealers have part numbers etc. but the factory has not yet shipped them, my guy is say he will have them within 10 days (ordered from 2 different suppliers)<br><br>It is mosto difficulto to find accessories for our girls at this time.<br><br>Sad, but true<br><br>Hunter on the track of accessories for Daisy<br>
Old 11-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Wick,<br><br>I am seeing tubies all over all that will fit. It is the fibreglass that contour to the body and the dually fenders that are hard to find. My dealer has several style of tubies for about $300 (I think it was - didn't look real close but I think that is about right). My hitch dealer has tubes in both chrome and black. You should not have a problem with those at a whole lot less than what you were quoted.<br><br>FiverBob
Old 11-20-2002, 06:29 PM

<br><br> &quot;Bremman&quot; a company in Concord ( Toronto) Ontario makes the molded fibreglass ones. There split at the box to allow for flex. I had a set on my 95 so, so I had a set installed on the 03. They don't stop the crap from flying up as well as the 95. A combination of Bremmans and DC's style changes.<br><br> But they look real good, and make it much easier for the Warden to get in and out. I'am not sure if they make them for duel rear's. I can dig up a address if needed. <br> Pete
Old 11-21-2002, 08:03 AM

[quote author=Mr.Goat link=board=17;threadid=7282;start=0#70192 date=1037838562]<br> <br><br> &quot;Bremman&quot; a company in Concord ( Toronto) Ontario makes the molded fibreglass ones. There split at the box to allow for flex. I had a set on my 95 so, so I had a set installed on the 03. They don't stop the crap from flying up as well as the 95. A combination of Bremmans and DC's style changes.<br><br> But they look real good, and make it much easier for the Warden to get in and out. I'am not sure if they make them for duel rear's. I can dig up a address if needed. <br> Pete<br>[/quote]<br><br>How about a pic... can u do me one of thoses..
Old 11-21-2002, 10:38 AM

wick said, &quot;Bremman&quot; a company in Concord ( Toronto) Ontario makes the molded fibreglass ones. There split at the box to allow for flex.&quot;<br>Does Bremman have a web site? <br><br><br> ??? ??? [undecided]
Old 11-21-2002, 03:20 PM

Gents, here's the Bremen Technologies link:

http://www.brementechnologies.com/

Only dually listing is for the Gen-2 Rams. I'm sure they're in the works, though.

See link below for a piccy...

Cheers,
DT
Old 11-22-2002, 03:34 PM

Here is a pic of the basic aluminium running boards on our<br>Truck.<br>
Old 11-22-2002, 03:35 PM

Here is another pic
I think they look really sharp on this unit ;D ;D ;D
They came to a total of $475 Canadian installed plus tax.
The dealer wanted to charge me $560 for the diamond plate
running boards Cab only. I told him {well use your imagination}

The company that installed the running boards Cap It said that the flexing would not be a problem. A friend of mine has the same type boards on his truck that is now 10 years old and they are still solid and look great.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:19 PM

<br> Well you learn something new everyday. I didn't know Breman was based out of Indiana, or they had web site. I thought they were some little outfit in the Toronto outskirts making runiing boards etc.<br><br> Regardless the boards for the 2003's don't stop the road crud from getting all down the side of the truck and piling up on the steps as the tires stick out farther than the boards, and I have stock tires. The step for the box is unsupported and very flimsy. I had a set of these boards on my 95 and they were great,I had none of these problems. The present ones look great, and the steps by the doors are very solid and useful for getting in and out. They just haven't put much thought or attention into the design of these new ones. Just thought you boys should know all this before you started placing your money on the counter. And since I was the one who brought this Breman subject up in the first place I didn't want anyone thinking I lead them astray. I would send a picture of present truck, but I don't have clue how to go about it.<br><br> With regards to aluminim running boards. I had a set of them on the 95. In 3 years the road salt and calcium they use on the roads here had eaten holes through them at the mounting brackets. And they just generally looked terrible. So for any of you folks who live areas where they salt the roads I wouldn,t go near them. Pete
Old 11-27-2002, 05:00 PM

Heres what I am going to get for my 03 Lonestar Runing Boards from Tietjen's Lonestar Truck Equipment at<br>http://www.lonestartruckequipment.com/about.html<br>I ordered some western running boards but come to find out they don't have the brackets out yet for a 2500-3500 so I sent them back.Then I remembered this place.My son had bought some stuff from them in the past and they are only about 40 miles from the house.They have a picture of them on there site on a white ford.There under Express Products link.This should stop the sides from getting rock chips.

Quick Reply: Running boards