3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Railyard QC?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Railyard QC?????

??? My truck is currently stuck in the railyard up the street with a DC hold on it. According to DC, they are doing quality control checks on a few trucks and they will be on hold in the railyard indefinitely. Does anyone know what this is about and how long it usually takes? I really want to bring my truck home and don't like the indefinite timetable I am being given.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:51 AM

Re:Railyard QC?????

My truck is also stuck in a railyard out in Quebec and there are no answers as to when it will be sent to the dealer. Its not there for any specific purpose other than to unload it, and put it on a truck transport. Nobody can say how long that takes. ??? good luck getting yours home. I am sure I will be waiting a few weeks.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:02 PM

My truck is stuck in the same "QC check" situation. It's been a 3 hour drive away since March 27th. It took less time for it to travel from Mexico to Toledo Ohio, than this last leg of the trip is taking. The dealer is no help whatsoever, I find out more by calling the 800 number than talking to them.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:29 AM

I have a couple of customers trucks also stuck in the railyard. I talked to my zone sales rep about it and he said the only thing they will say is that there are "quality Issue's" with trucks built in Mexico in a two week window. They realized they had a problem, but had all ready released some of the trucks to transit. So, whenever they get off the train, there they sit. They will not tell us dealers what the problem is, or when the trucks will be released. Dammit. >
Old 04-07-2003, 05:00 PM

Luke, If you hear any other details on what this is all about, please post. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Banned

I heard it was a bad batch of ICP sensors. A new sensor and a computer update will fix it..
Old 04-08-2003, 09:49 AM

I just talked to DC for the hundredth time. They couldn't tell me what is wrong but said a sales manager should be able to find out by calling vehicle operations. However, that said, my salesman is a schmuck and would never get off his but to do that. If any other sales people could try, I'm sure we would all be appreciative.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:09 PM

I would really appreciate if anyone had news on this. There is no way the dealer is going to look into this as a general rule because they are too busy to make the inquirey.<br><br>This really is a hard wait when you don't know how long it will take.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:27 PM

Well, they should look into it for you. There are two kinds of dealers. One talks a good game, promises the best customer service and blah blah blah. The second actually does these things and listens to their customers concerns and will take the time to make those calls and get some answers. Unfortunately, mine is in the former category. Kinda get tired of being shined on with a bunch of BS ya know?
Old 04-09-2003, 12:28 PM

Mine's the same way. Talk's a good game but won't get off his butt to do anything. I just want my truck. :'(
Old 04-09-2003, 01:00 PM

I just thought I would let you all know what DC wrote back when I complained about the secrecy and &quot;indefinite&quot; time period of release.Thank you for your email regarding your order. <br><br>&quot;I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the time which has elapsed since your order was placed. <br><br>We would like to encourage you to stay in contact with your salesman for the latest information. Your dealer is the best source for all information concerning your order.<br><br>Thank you for your continued patience.<br><br>Sincerely, <br>Dante<br>Senior Staff Representative <br>DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center&quot;<br><br>Obviously, we customers aren't going to get any answers.<br><br><br><br>
Old 04-09-2003, 04:32 PM

Typical canned response: <br>We would like to encourage you to stay in contact with your salesman for the latest information. Your dealer is the best source for all information concerning your order.<br><br>Obviously they haven't worked with my dealer- totally clueless. Wouldn't surprise me if my truck was on their lot for a week before they figured it out. The salesman who told me I couldn't get a 3500 in a SRW, same guy I had to explain to him what a VON is and when it's created, same guys who swore up and down the rebate was $1000 and not $1500, yet once we struck a deal they added $500 to the agreed price and subtracted $1500 in the rebate column. His boss is curt and defensive on the phone before you can even get a question out. Not going to name names- but I'm never going near there again.<br><br>
Old 04-09-2003, 06:12 PM

I was wondering why they would leave them in a rail yard. It would make more sense if they shipped to the dealer and let the dealer make the repair.<br><br>This whole thing sounds bizarre! Really adds to the joy of ordering a vehicle. (never again)
Old 04-10-2003, 11:05 PM

Ok, here is the story on the Quality Audit Holds. I got this off the TDR site. Haven't heard from my dealer... :<br><br>&quot;To all Dodge Dealers <br><br>INVOLVED VEHICLES: 2500/3500 SERIES 2003 (DR) RAM TRUCKS BUILT FROM 2/10/03 THROUGH 3/28/03. <br>You will be receiving shortly a VIN list identifying vehicles that may have a contaminated anti-chip primer. Contaminated anti-chip primer may eventually lead to an inter coat adhesion failure in the paint system. <br>THESE VEHICLES SHOULD NOT BE DELIVERED UNTIL A PAINT EVALUATION IS COMPLETED. <br>We are currently inspecting vehicles at dealerships. You will be contacted when an inspection team is in your area. Results of the inspection will be supplied to you and the Buniness Centers. Vehicles that fail the inspection MUST NOT BE DELIVERED and will be diverted for additional processing. Vehicles that pass will be available for immediate customer delivery. Disposition of vehicles previously delivered will be outlined later. <br>AT THIS TIME, DO NOT DELIVER, OR ATTEMPT TO REPAIR ANY OF THE PREVIOUSLY LISTED VEHICLES<br><br>So the good news is DC has found a problem and wants to identify and fix it. The bad news is all the truck orders are stacking up in the rail pipeline, probably slowing up all HD deliverys.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:24 AM

Jeff is right, I have been calling our zone rep everyday since this has happened and he finally got me an answer. But all he would say is that there are &quot;paint concerns&quot;. He gave me no time frame for this whole deal, but if I hear anything else I will pass it along :'(

Quick Reply: Railyard QC?????