3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the same type on my truck for a few months now, and haven't had any issues with condensation, and we have been getting an abnormal amount of rain as well as snow this winter. Like PatriotBlu said, the brights are amazing, and the driving lights take a while to aim, but are an improvement over stock. I wired the LEDs and halos in with low (non-blinking) side of the turn signal bulbs, and the LEDs are bright white, not a cheesy blue, this also allows me to turn just the LEDs and halos on by themselves, which tends to gather a lot of attention. The only downside to these lights are the directions (better off figuring it out yourself-Chinese to English translation leaves something to be desired) and that ice and snow that is built up on the outside of the lens tends to not melt off from the heat of the headlight-but can be easily fixed with some spray.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DR7seclx
I got a set of silverstars at auto zone, they were on sale for 16.99 each, a noticable improvement over stock.
Are they the H13's.........and sorry, no Autozones up here.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Are they the H13's.........and sorry, no Autozones up here.

I bought mine off of Amazon.com
Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by cadent47
I bought mine off of Amazon.com

I've never been on that site. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:52 PM

Talking Installed Daytime Pics...

Finally got some decent daytime shots. Will take more at night.

They really look (surprisingly) good and not overdone in person:

The high beams are killer.

Highly recommed this upgrade and you don't have to wire the LED's and Angel Eyes if you don't want to.....

Will take some night fotos of the look, the beam, the cutoff against the garage door, etc....

Cheers!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:57 PM

Thumbs up

Looks awesome!!

I desperatly need to do the same upgrade but I don't see them available for the 06's yet. If somebody else knows any different please post.

With the new lights do you think you'll need to do the HID conversion too?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 PM

Yah, look good but not gawdy like some aftermarket stuff, maybe they'll come out for some to fit 06-07's too...
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM

WOW, that looks great!! I can't wait for someone to make them for mine.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 PM

I didn't need to see this thread. just one more thing I want to get Sharp truck Patriot
Old 04-17-2007, 11:18 PM

Arrow Night Shots!

OK -- AS PROMISED -- NIGHT SHOTS!

Note the cutoff in the picture on the garage door. If you've ever driven a european car with projectors, you know what this is. The light is so concentrated that it's amazing how efficient these are. The contrast with the poor 2002-2005 Ram reflectors is even more stark. Note that some reflectors are quite good. These Dodge Ram factory reflectors are quite bad.

Please forgive any blurry shots. I had to take these without flash so the shutter was open quite a long time so there was some blurriness.

ENJOY!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by mipapa
I didn't need to see this thread. just one more thing I want to get Sharp truck Patriot
Thanks mipapa..... You sig says you have a g5600 tranny? Isn't it either a G56 or a NV5600??? Your truck sounds sweet from your sig!!!

Now go upgrade those headlights!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 AM

Thanks for the pics! Looks really good! Just one more thing to add to my list of stuff to buy! Trust me its's a long list!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 AM

Thumbs up Very Nice!

Those do look really really really good. Might just have to set up a pay pal account now.

My dream lights would be just what you have, minus the rings, and change the LED's to yellow and have them be part of the turn signal. And of course HID compatable.

Anyone know of projector light replacements that will take a HID conversion?

Mike (apparently a master thread highjacker )
Old 04-18-2007, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bluedeviltorque
Those do look really really really good. Might just have to set up a pay pal account now.

My dream lights would be just what you have, minus the rings, and change the LED's to yellow and have them be part of the turn signal. And of course HID compatable.

Anyone know of projector light replacements that will take a HID conversion?

Mike (apparently a master thread highjacker )
Hi Mike,

Not a hijack. I'm shopping for AMBER LED's right now to convert them over to turn signals. It's a shame though -- they do look great this way -- just not on a big truck.....

The rings don't have to be wired so you can turn them off.

HID's (now I would never have believed this) are not necessary because of how bright these are! Some crappy ultra - white bulbs will do the trick because the projector gives that "eye level color change" from a distance same as Audi / BMW's do.....

You're not going to find an HID-Ready unit because of the DOT restrictions. I'm probably going to get bored one day, pull these out and then start driling and filing and seeing if I can seat an H1 HID bulb (I have one on hand) in there....
Old 04-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by PatriotBlu
Finally got some decent daytime shots. Will take more at night.

They really look (surprisingly) good and not overdone in person:

The high beams are killer.

Highly recommed this upgrade and you don't have to wire the LED's and Angel Eyes if you don't want to.....

Will take some night fotos of the look, the beam, the cutoff against the garage door, etc....

Cheers!!!
PatriotBlu- Those look great and compliment an already great looking truck! I'd really like to do this after seeing your truck, but I have one question. Do you think they'll be okay for me when towing as the back of the truck squats about 3 inches. Is the beam so perfect that it will be off the ground when I'm loaded down?

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS